looking for support....

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by l8ter, Sep 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. l8ter

l8ter New Member

I recently moved out for college. I am in a new city with new surroundings. Everything seems strange and foreign.
    Its been 3 weeks now and I have yet to make what you could call a friend. I joined a school cultural club last night and met this girl.
    I felt we had chemistry, but when I went to ask her out I got the run around..im busy tonite and im busy this weekend.
    I tend to over-analyze situations and let my thoughts run wild. I thought I had my negative thoughts and depressive feelings in control and on hold, up until this happened.
    Looking for any words that could help me get this under control cause honestly im a mess right now.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Don't let this situation get you off balance okay there will be other gilrls join another club get active in many areas of college life you will meet other people you can befriend She maybe really just too busy her schedule may be all abut school It is still very early in your college life give it time okay let things happen at a slower pace enjoy just being there and doing new things.Do not let one person destroy your confidence okay take care.

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...someone not accepting your invitation does not make you an inferior person...she might be shy or have problems herself...take a deep breath and know you are a good person...adjusting to new living conditions takes time...I am sure you will find company...welcome again, J

4. Punk

Punk Well-Known Member

Sadly it will happen many times. I found the rule is not to hassle at all and show your true nature.

5. l8ter

l8ter New Member

Thanks for the replies :) I appreciate it. I had a chance to go back to my hometown this weekend (I figured I needed it). I was able to talk to two close friends and I am glad I was able to get my head straight. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.