Looking up at the sky

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Somewhere.out.there, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Somewhere.out.there

Somewhere.out.there Account Closed

I seem to be at a crossroads, to be or not to be? It hurts to breathe, or to lift my eyes toward the clouds. There is no sun most days only dark shadows, I'm trying, but for what reason?
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

You have, in a single sentence, defined the feelings of myself (and many others I suspect). I can not answer the question as to what reason for you.... I think we all are left to finding our own reasons and quantifying the few things in our lives that are working to try to balance the scales. The things I put weight in are likely not the same as yours... somedays the best I can come up with is the smell of freshly brewed coffee and that is what I use to balance the prospect of another day. I am not sure it is the "grand scheme" or "big picture" that counts the most. If you can not get rid of the dark shadows maybe you can find a way to light a candle in in it to make it just a little less dark for an hour or two. Then, just maybe, you can look forward to that small light for the next day- if it is a good day maybe something else will appear to help lift you a bit more and make the shadows less dark. You do not always have to solve every problem in your life "right now", sometimes by looking after yourself for "right now" will solve some of the other problems in your life.

Take Care and Be Safe

3. katrina77

katrina77 Guest

Chose to be. At least for now. You can always change your mind when you choose to stay, but not if you choose not to.

As far as the reason to keep trying? Each of us is different. There may be people in your life you love you dearly, and would be devastated if you were gone. There may be things left in your life that you still want to do, even if it doesn't seem possible now. There are always good reasons to hang on, even when they are obscured by those clouds in the sky. The sun is always there, even if we can't see it at the moment.
  4. Somewhere.out.there

Somewhere.out.there Account Closed

Thanks for the response, even the words of a stranger can make you realize you're not alone after all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.