looking young

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by mortdesinos, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

It seems that everyone thinks I look younger than I am. Two weeks ago, a guy working at a convenience store was surprised when I told him my age. A week ago, someone working at another store looked stunned when I told him I was 20. He thought I looked 17. Yesterday, one of the doormen in my building was shocked when he found out my age and that I was in college. To top it off, later in the day, while I was playing basketball during an adult full court game session, someone playing asked me if I was 18. That's four times in two weeks, and it's not as if I'm walking around talking about how old I am. When I was 15, people thought I was 12, now people think I'm 17. I can't help being short and looking young. It angers me that people are so surprised to hear my age.
  2. ColdSummer

ColdSummer Well-Known Member

I don't think that's a bad thing, you'll be praising people when they ask if you're 25 at 40 :)
  3. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

I apparently look 15. Been told it more than once. :laugh: Give it ten years; it'll work to your advantage.
  4. Joshuwah

Joshuwah Well-Known Member

Cheer up joe, least your 20, some of us arn't that lucky
  5. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

I think I look really old and worn out sometimes. But at others I look pathetically vulnerable and young.
  6. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

Thank you for the support, everyone :) You really made me feel better.
  7. ryan

ryan Member

im 20 and i get mistaken fro a child all the time
  8. bronwyyn

bronwyyn Well-Known Member

I'm 28 and still get carded for cigarettes, it's great! When the bartender asks for my ID I thank him. It's a good compliment. When I was 20, I got carded for cigarettes, and they called the cops thinking my ID was fake because I looked so young. The store clerk felt dumb that day!
  9. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Last year when I was 26, I rode my bike to the convenience store to buy a lottery ticket. I didn't have my wallet or any ID, just a few dollars. The clerk refused to sell me the lottery ticket, because he thought I was like 17. I was dressed like a teenager in my tear-away pants, but still. Looking young and healthy is nice, but being a teacher and looking as young as my students is weird.
  10. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

that happened to me at the vet the other day... i am 17 and when i handed her my credit card she was like "is this your card or your mothers" and i was like well it is mine... it has my name on it and she told me that she thought i was like 12... so i was like... ummmm ok... yes... i drove myself and the dog here and got to make the all important decision of putting her down by myself... and i am 12. >.<

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.