loosing hope

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Mordeci, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

My time in therapry made me realize how damaged I am and how much work I need to do to become "happy". The truth is I don't think I am strong enough to do what needs to be done. I don't feel confident about doing what I need to do.

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

It's okay. I gave up being strong a long time ago. Trying to be strong is one of the things that wore me out. Therapy is a letting go, a letting go that I feared because I thought the feelings would destroy me. Not only did they not destroy me but the feelings didn't last long. I got more and more a sense of not giving them power over me.

Let it out a little at a time, then get some rest. Don't be strong, just let it go.

:hug:

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You will be amazed at just how strong you actually are. Do not give up hope. Tackle things one step at a time and realize that change will not be immediate. Sometimes you can't see the progress you are making, but your counselors can. Have faith in yourself. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.