loosing hope

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Mordeci, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

My time in therapry made me realize how damaged I am and how much work I need to do to become "happy". The truth is I don't think I am strong enough to do what needs to be done. I don't feel confident about doing what I need to do.
  2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

It's okay. I gave up being strong a long time ago. Trying to be strong is one of the things that wore me out. Therapy is a letting go, a letting go that I feared because I thought the feelings would destroy me. Not only did they not destroy me but the feelings didn't last long. I got more and more a sense of not giving them power over me.

Let it out a little at a time, then get some rest. Don't be strong, just let it go.

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You will be amazed at just how strong you actually are. Do not give up hope. Tackle things one step at a time and realize that change will not be immediate. Sometimes you can't see the progress you are making, but your counselors can. Have faith in yourself. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.