loosing weight

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by stone, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stone

stone Member

I used to be 17 stone
    I just made myself sick and stoped eating (does cause passing out every so often)
    I'm now 11.2 stone :)

No one takes the piss any more or gives me abuse.
  2. johnrembo09

johnrembo09 New Member

According to me i think that Too much weight is not well for any one. Loosing weight is not so much tough task. Here i am sharing some of my tips for loosing weight and i am sure that all of you will like it.

* Losing weight is not easy. You will never hear me say that it is. It takes dedication, motivation and hard work.
    * The key is to dedicate yourself to these changes and do them consistently.
    * If foods like burgers are basic to your current diet, cutting out red meat can go a long way in helping you make healthier meal choices and losing weight.
    * Avoid junk food: Avoid eating fast food and other junk food. It's fattening and doesn't help you lose weight.
    * Avoid fried food: Don't eat fried food but rather grill or boil your food. Avoid using extra fat.
  3. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

Good points but its not always about what you eat. Im always the first to admit i have a unhealthy relationship with food. I dont over eat, its what i eat that is the problem. For example all i have eaten today is a Galaxy Ripple and a bowl of pasta. Usually ill survive on just chocolate during the day to give me a sugar boost and stop my self from collapsing.
    I dont eat fried food, take out, meat, cakes, biscuits, crisps, fizzy drinks, chips. Bread and potatoes i probably have once a month if that yet im still over weight.
  4. Blue_Sky

Blue_Sky Well-Known Member

Why not do it the proper way? That only gives short term results. Not eating just slows your metabolism and makes it harder to lose weight in the long run and you get stuck in the cyle of binge eating.
  5. jenniferelaine

jenniferelaine Well-Known Member

Oh, it can give you long term results. It can also give you long-term organ damage.
  6. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Not eating does not help you at all.
    If you're desperate to lose weight, you have to do it properly...
    Eat well, be active, drink lots of water < doing it that way will also make you feel better about yourself and give you more energy and an overall- more positive outlook.

I understand not wanting to eat, but that is just self punishment and does not actually accomplish anything.
    Fainting and being low energy and emotionally neutral is also not fun.
  7. collegedude250

collegedude250 Active Member

It's not that I disagree with the method you share, but not eating can be very effective. I lost 60lbs over 3 months just by not eating much. I just wish I could get back in that habit just need to loose 25 more lbs.
  8. loner2k10

loner2k10 Member

what did you eat on an average day?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.