Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by consciousinsane, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. consciousinsane

consciousinsane Well-Known Member

I'm sitting here starring at My prescription bottle. The bottle reads that they are 1mg tablets and I'm to take 2 daily. So far I've taken none out of this bottle.

Here's the problem. 4 months ago, I OD'ed on the stuff downing my 2 month supply in a week. Now my doctor is allowing me to take it again (though my wife is supposed to montior it for me). I love the way this stuff makes me feel. I feel like downing about 3 of them right now. Should I do it?
  2. goop

goop Active Member

Lorazapam is a strong benzo and HIGHLY addictive- I think its the most addicitive benzodiazepine out there. Three might feel good now, but you might have to go for a repeat prescription if you run out early. Dr's are obviously very skilled and massively capable. They might object to you altering your dose, and respond by not issuing a repeat prescription. This would be a bummer if you where 'addicted'.

For example, I take diazapam. Im a 16 stone 6ft 3 monster and my dose is 2mg. Last time my dog went for an xray at the vets, he got 6mg to 'calm him'. He's tiny as well.

im ranting. Back to the point. Lorazapam is uber addictive. Exceeding the dose long term could be a recipe for disaster.

In my opinion stick to the prescribed dose.

wishing you well

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2006
  3. consciousinsane

consciousinsane Well-Known Member

Good news. Well, I guess it's good. After reviewing with both my Therapist and Psychatrist at the same time, they both (and I :huh: ) decided to leave me off the Loarazepam and increase my dosage of Buspar instead. So, no chance to overdose on that. Though my body wanted to really bad. I have to find some other way to loose my mind to the world. Any ideas? Something safe I guess, but effective? Something to stop the cravings....man the cravings.....
  4. goop

goop Active Member

Dont know what buspar is, but i guess its better for you long term than lorazapam. Glad you are positive
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am glad they were able to remove the temptation from you. With as addictive as the drug is I am sure your body does crave it. I am not sure what to tell you to do to get through those cravings. With time they should lessen, but getting there is the hard part. Good luck. I wish you the best. :hug:
  6. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think all the 'benzodiazepines' are highly addictive, but they do take care of (temporarily) the anxiety for sure! It's good you no longer have the actual temptation handy. I also know that being so addictive you'd have to take more and more to get the same feeling from the drug. I take clonazepam (Klonopin) prn but try to only take it when I absolutely have to, and not every day.

take care,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.