Lord Jesus Light to the World

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lººk

I pray to you Lord Jesus Christ, to make this topic widely read and divinely inspired by your words, your wisdom, and your teaching. Please make the members and the guests read or reply to this topic after your teaching thru me in each lesson. Amen.

(Administrator of this forum I hope you don't mind by my using this forum for Lord Jesus Light to the World. It will be one lesson per day or close to it. So it won't be cosidered spamming if I do one lesson per day or close to it. I am going to reply within this topic, not going to create another thread daily)

First lesson from Lord Jesus thru me.

Mark 4:21-25
Parable of the Lamp
21 Then Jesus asked them, "Would anyone light a lamp and then put it under a basket or under a bed? Of course not! A lamp is placed on a stand, where its light will shine.22 For everything that is hidden will eventually be brought into the open, and every secret will be brought to light.23 Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand."
24 Then he added, "Pay close attention to what you hear. The closer you listen, the more understanding you will be given*—and you will receive even more.25 To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given. But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them."

S

SteakAndChips

I am not sure this is the place for this kindda thing. I myself believe in religion etc - but I share that only if people ask. Not saying I am right or wrong with that attitude - but its a suicide forum - not a place to convert people.

Hope you're ok - here if you ever need to chat
x

I'm closing this thread while the staff discuss it. If we decide that it is inapropriate then it will remain closed.

If you wish to start a religious discussion by all means go ahead, but as has been said, this is not the place to convert or preach to people.

blue542

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Upon further review, and due to a hung jury, this thread will remain open. However, this thread will be one of the most closely monitored threads on this forum and subject to closure at any time. The person who started this thread has been given additional guidelines due to the topic's highly controversial nature.

If anyone feels threatened by the views in this thread please PM me or another member of staff[/CENTER]

Last edited by a moderator:

Daniel

Its laughable that this thread should be closely watched by administration.

Whats the real problem you have with this thread really?

You have profaintys being spoken all over this forum people describing ways to kill themsevles and all sorts, but if someone mentions the word "jesus" then God forbid this needs extreme monitoring..

Im not saying personally that its a belief I endorse but where exactly is the threat that you see that warrants the thread being closed?

Do you feel you need to act as some sort of parental figure to the members of this forum as they couldnt possibly handle information you deemed unsutiable for them?

How about you accept the fact that some people in this world have a diffrent beleif system than yourself and leave it to the people who wish to read to read. Its called Free Will.

You label the thread as preaching... well how do you define preaching? Is preaching anybody with an opinon that they express to another? in which case you best get busy banning 90% of the threads.

I wonder if the poster had said he learnt some spirtual techniques from some books hes read and people hes spoken to that could help people with depression if this thread would have even been noticed

R

Robin

Like all things, some things can go too far, at the end of the day we moderate anything that could cause bad feeling on the forum.

Many people on the forum are easily worked up about religion, which normally espouses the view that a diety of some description is all loving and caring and some people find that hard to come to terms with. After all, how could a loving God allow such bad things to happen to people.

I have my own views on the subject but I refuse to hijack the thread and go into them here, I probably won't go into them anywhere as I believe and belief in God is a personal journery and we are left to reconcile the curve balls that life throws us ourselves.

Ignored

Staff Alumni
Daniel said:
You have profaintys being spoken all over this forum people describing ways to kill themsevles and all sorts,
In actual fact, it is very strictly forbidden for people to describe ways to kill themselves on the forum. However, expression of suicidal intent or feelings might not be deemed out of place on a suicide forum! I am a Christian myself, but I was against this thread, truth be known, cos I am aware of how, for some, religion is extremely threatening and dangerous. For me, anything which has the potential to push a vulnerable member over the edge should be very carefully monitored.

Daniel

So basically your saying wallowing in "suicidal intent or feelings" will not fuel someone's intent for suicide where as a religious belief will...

Two people now have also pointed out that this is a suicide forum.. What exactly does that mean? im guessing it obviously means there no place for religious beliefs so what else does it mean to you? Seriously what exactly does that mean, that this is a suicide forum? Does it mean that people should support others going through suicidal thoughts? in which case what is the problem with this post? This person is doing just that through their personal beliefs because this is a suicide forum and this specific person feels it necessary, is that so hard to understand?

bunny

Staff Alumni
we are not here to wallow, we are here to be supportive to ppl who are in pain, if u read the top of the window it says "suicide forum - a support forum for people in crisis" if u need to know more read the rules

this thread is in the positive feelings and motivational messages forum, not the soap box, it is not a discussion about whether or not religion is helpful, the thread was closed but re opened after discussion so it can continue to give positive messages, the thread starter is happy to comply with the guidelines we set and is aware that if they push the boundarys the thread will be closed again

i would like to ask now that this thread goes back on topic

thank you
bunny

Daniel

Well I agree with that completely.

As I said

"Does it mean that people should support others going through suicidal thoughts? <mod edit:shygirl argumentative

Last edited by a moderator:
A

another me

Any type of religious overtone contained in posts is usually described and explained in terms of why the thoughts may help shed light on the particular situations. I'm never offended by people calmly illustrating their points using religious examples, if their intention is to help.

I see the need for some sort of guideline though. Maybe if the majority of the community complain about something it shouldn't be here. And an easy link on the page to complain about a post would be good, for computer dummies like me!

Z

Ze'ev-Hayalim

Although we may not agree with each other as far what is acceptable, we still should respect and allow people to post threads, so as long as they dont encourage suicide. If a thread is considered 'too offensive' it should 'Triggered' or highlighted so other users can avoid it if they wish

L

lººk

I hope the next lesson is within the guidelines.

Psalm 40:2

He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.

I

ihavenosoul

i seriously dont really have any idea of what this thread has to do with suicide or how to help people who are suicidal, but whatever....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00