Lose your "friends"

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ardo85, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ardo85

Ardo85 Active Member

For anyone suicidal it is always good to have friends and family there to be supportive and understanding, but I also think there is some friends you should simply cut off contact with.

After much deliberation I decided to cut off one of my longest time friends and only source of any sort of social life. I would hang out with him and his friends often, but after distancing myself from this friend I pretty much have no social life whatsoever.

The reason I cut off this friendship is due to his stance on suicidal people. He says he has no sympathy for people who take their own lives, and considers them weak. He thinks that these people don't deserves to be honored or have a funeral if they take their own life.

I don't need friends like that, rather have no friends like I do than one that thinks I'm worthless. He has no clue that I'm suicidal, but knows I'm depressed. He thinks I have no reason to be depressed and that I should simply snap out of it. He obviously has no idea what it is like to be depressed and suicidal.

2. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

You did very well :).

Considering I may have 'accidentally' killed my friend if they were to offend me with the opinions you mentioned ;).

There are many more people out there that have more mental capacity then a sloth, now it's time to go find some!

:hug:

3. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

Good job.
    You don't deserve to be friends with such an Ignorant person!

4. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

I wish i had had the common sense and guts to do this to some people when i had the chance. If i had i probably wouldn't be where i am today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.