Loser

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by sjdude, Jan 12, 2009.

1. sjdude

sjdude Member

Ever get the feeling you wasted 20 years of your life? I have. Worthless wife, slob. House is so cluttered nobody ever comes to visit (for about the last 10 years). Two kids, who are the only reasons I have to not have either killed myself or gone out for doughnuts and never come back. Love / hate. Love my kids, hate the rest of the package. Dead end "career" in engineering, which is now sold out to India and China (fat lot of good a degree and 20 years of experience is when your shit ass government sells you out). Damned if I do, damned if I don't... I'd say I felt screwed, but I haven't had that, either, for several years (if you saw my fatass wife, you'd know why - enough to make you want to give up sex). But I've got a job right now so I guess I should feel "lucky"! Why don't I?

Oh well. Another 20 years of this shit an none of it will matter. Hope my kids have a better life than me and don't marry a worthless partner. If I make sure they learn anything from my low earth orbit existence, it will be to avoid that life-ruining mistake. Wish I had all those years back.

All you 20 somethings out there reading this: Don't make the mistake I made and marry a burden! You're better off single!

Bleh.

2. Altruist

Altruist Active Member

Noted.

Im sorry you are feeling so down right now, I hope things can have a turnaround for you.

3. Alexpt2

Alexpt2 Well-Known Member

It's easy to say that now, cause you know that old expression, Hindsight is 20/20. I'm sure when you married her, you were in love, and it seemed like the right thing to do at the time. How could you have know it was a mistake when you did it?

And i'm sure us 20 somethings will fall into the same trap. Well, some of us anyways, at least, the ones who plan on living long enough to get married.

4. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Being single is the right choice for many, many people, but society would rather see you married and depressed. If your not, your "missing" out apparently. What is "wrong" with you. Are you "gay". People would say that to me 18 months ago, or they would just think I was incredibly sad and leave it at that.

Honestly, people need to examine their own needs more and make a judgement based on what they need and their personality, rather than what society has determined as a "happy", "fulfilling" life.

If your kids are now old enough, maybe its time for you to make a major life change. Sounds like its desperately needed. Research is even suggesting the sooner you split from an unhappy marriage the better, even if the kids are young....Not sure I agree with that though.