Losing all my money

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by losingitall, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. losingitall

losingitall New Member

Until last year, I had been a long term investor, holding stock in one company that I had held for years. I finally lost faith in that company and sold all the stock last year, and began trying to trade the volatile market. I have now lost around 75% of my life savings. I look back at that stock that I used to own, and it was actually up last year while everything else was down. I lost faith in the company at the wrong time, as they have finally turned the corner, and the stock is going up without me. If only I had never sold that, I would be profitable. But instead I'm trying to trade and losing significant money.

I bought another stock 2 days ago, and panicked and sold it yesterday. If only I held it until today, then I would have made 50%. But instead I keep losing money.

I am so sad and angry. Most of my money I earned from the last 10 years is gone. I am trying to make it back, but it seems impossible. There are trading forums out there, and I know that there are successful people who can trade, but I can't seem to do it. Seems like if I take one step forward, then I'll take 2 steps back. On bad days like today I do have suicidal thoughts. I want to hurt myself, like rip some skin off or break my fingers in half.

2. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2009
  3. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi losingitall. I'm sorry to hear that you're losing all of your money on the volitile stock market. This is the major reason why I don't invest my money in the stock market. Right now, the stock markets are very volitile. They can be up one day and down the next. I just keep my money in my checking account and some in GIC's earning a small percentage of interest. At least that way, I know that I wont be losing my money.

4. EmptyLife

EmptyLife Well-Known Member

don't harm yourself over money. you are worth more than any money you have lost.

5. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

LOL how was this guy not banned sooner.

6. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Losing money is no laughing matter. Especially when it's so strongly tied to your trade. This isn't much comfort but many people are leaking money - and it's not your fault. The global economy is shattering. But all is not lost. We're entering a new market and you can remake your money if you keep your head about you. I would like to suggest going to see a therapist. You aren't alone in this crisis.

james.

7. challis

challis New Member

:mellow:hi loosingitall -- i,m in the same sinking ship,only i stopped trading last november,but my only stock has lost 80 % of my buy in price.and like you i,m sitting on a unrealised loss equall to 10 to 15 odd years of hard work to boot.but the reason i,m on this site is becouse i have a plan of action !! i,ve taken out in the last month a life insurance policy that will pay out $750 000 on my death,but i have to stay alive for 13 months cause you dont get a payout if its suicide. my problem is i,m a happy person- no clinical depression,only the loss,and shame i feel of being a looser of my familys life savings has driven me to this drastic descion.also i dont want to do a classic suicide,as i know my wife will suffer way too much over loosing me,i dont have any children, so i,ve got a plan of having a accidental death,but obviously its untried.i,ve been reading alot on peoples grief after a loved ones demise,thats a big stumbling block for me.my wifes a easy cryer and i beleve she would rather me alive and broke,rather than dead but with a big payout.again such a hard deleima,excuse my typing errors too.okay lets hope the market picks up,but its not looking good for us investors,let me know what you plan to do too.thanks

8. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

trust me, there are more important things in life than money.

friends, family, good health.

9. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

dude, you're not alone in this financial crisis. If u read the news, people all over the world are losing their jobs, going bankrupt, losing their homes, etc. It's all part and parcel of life and life must go on. Things has happenned beyond your control (it happens all the time). Sometimes good, sometimes bad. But this time round, millions are affected and it's going to be worse. You have to look forward and stop speculating in shares when financial markets are crashing. Go Back to fundamentals.

10. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

The stock market is basically the same as gambling. Keep buying and selling it might as well be the same as a gambling addiction. I mean, you never know if it's gonna go up or down.

I heard you should invest in caterpillar, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.