Losing ambition

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by WhyMeWhy, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

I hide my depression from everyone so noone can tell how severe it is. I no longer want to do things that I once loved...I no longer want to do anything fun or work related. I just want to sleep all the time or I feel like death itself has invaded me/my mind. I don't even tell my doctor. Not good. I guess I don't want anyone to know. "Depressed" person is a label that they give you. I don't like being labeled.

2. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

ive been in denial for years. i dont want to think of myself as depressed and i sure as hell dont want anyone else to think that. im the happy cool confidant chick everyone wants to know and be around, to lose that 'image' would be devestating. its the only thing ive got left that makes me feel even remotely good about myself.

3. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I see. The fact that I'm so depressed most of the time would depress other people that I know as well............I can't do that to them, so forward march. But the ambition thing is scaring me as far as the rest of my life is concerned. Is this a conundrum(spelled wrong), a quandry or a paradox? :unsure: I need a better grasp of the english language.

4. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

These days I can hardly be bothered with anything.. and im only 19. Since about 4 years ago i feel ive lost my way completely and now i am just an empty shell. i hate the course im on and i dont know what to do with my life. i spend most of my time alone and in my room. i feel ive just caved in on myself. most of the time i find it very hard to be positive about things or even put on a fake smile for people

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.