losing emotions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Not sure how to put this, but I feel like part of my humanity has died.
Always loved kids..now they irritate the hell out of me. Have no idea why.
Feel nothing most of the time. Compassion which was a huge part of my nature, seems to be dwindling at an alarming rate.

My beloved birds, have actually considered sending them to the parrot sanctuary so I don't have to worry or look after them.

Have moments where I actually don't feel anything at all. Not love, hate, compassion..bloody hell not even interest. Start a book, don't finish it, start watching a film wander off half way thru.

Yet still I can cry, for no apparent reason I can cry and yet have no idea why.

Anyone else ever feel like this. I think I'm vanishing, well the me that I liked anyways. This cold angry person can go to hell, I want me self back.

LetItGo

Staff Alumni
:hug: Dev I think you need to cut yourself some slack. Youve been putting yourself on the line time and time again lately, not to mention trying to deal with your own problems that never really get a chance to settle because of the visiting situation with your ex. Not to mention the constant worry you feel over your son.

Youve had some huge burdens to bear and I honestly think your suffering a bit of burnout. I wouldnt write of old Devvy yet, shes still there, just a bit battered and bruised. ;) Your suffering emotionally exhaustion I think.

You know you can always talk to me about it. Im there for you :hug:

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Ya think thats all it is Matt? God I hope you're right, cos I don't like feeling like this. :sad:

Youve had some huge burdens to bear and I honestly think your suffering a bit of burnout. I wouldnt write of old Devvy yet, shes still there, just a bit battered and bruised. ;) Your suffering emotionally exhaustion I think.

You know you can always talk to me about it. Im there for you :hug:

I agree, and I am always here for you too, Terry. I love ya and will always be here for you hun. :hug: :hug:

B
Ah devvie, know how that feels. Tho I cant really cry anymore. Have the feeling all the time that I need to cry, but rarely happens. You do and say things, because its just a habit, because other people are doing it too. But I guess if you still can cry, it will be fine. Guess like matt says you might have a burnout, to much things on your mind, that those other things are having kinda a break right now, I dont know >< ... But I'm sure that devvie you like is still in you and she will come back :hug:

I agree that you are just exhausted and need som time to refresh your self. You have been in stressful situations a lot lately and your emotions are shutting down so you are able to cope with everything. Take a hot bath, spread out some candles, use bubbles, pamper yourself. Give yourself time to relax. Do nothing for a little while. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00