Losing Friends fast

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by 3dogmom, Feb 15, 2008.

1. 3dogmom

3dogmom New Member

My mental and emotional state really deteriorated in the past month. It all came to a head and I am on my way back to being healthy.

Seems as though I have chased all my friends away. I call, but they don't return my calls.

I feel so lonely. I am trying to finally get my act together and I guess I have to start completely over as my friends have lost faith in me.

Anyone have any advice?
  2. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

If they knew you were struggling and then distanced themselves as a result, then they weren't pals I must say.

If you were the one who detached yourself from them, keep putting forth effort to reach out. All the while, put your own mental well-being first. Once that comes along, everything else will fall into place in its own time.
  3. First - welcome...
    Second - I'm glad you're feeling better!
    Third - it's a sad reality (I know from my own experience) that there are a lot of folks who cannot acknowledge, let alone be truly (and effectively) supportive of someone going through very unique and personal difficulties. They may not be able to understand - or just as well, may not be willing to look at "the dark side" of your experiences...

You may keep trying, and indeed some may be willing to re-enter your life - but know that in your trying, you're doing this with an 'openness' and sincerity that others may not be able to relate to... And don't let this stop you/hinder you from seeking out new supports and friendships. Our lives follow and change many paths...(I hope that doesn't sound trite! It's not meant to be...)