Losing hope

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by badfeelings1481, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badfeelings1481

badfeelings1481 New Member

I've had a relatively good life - good family, good job, good friends.

I HAD a fantastic, amazing, beautiful girlfriend who I had no right being with, and I took her for granted. We shared an amazing connection.
    We had 5 wonderful years together, I treated her like gold and always looked out for her, but still always thought I can do better.
    I started getting anxiety 6 months ago, and was too focused on my own feelings and my own problems, and I neglected her and our relationship.
    She broke up with me because she thought I didn't love her anymore, didn't want to marry her, and that I was going to leave her.
    A guy from her work took her in and they've been living / sleeping with each other ever since.
    Nothing I do is helping in making her realize how much I love her and want to spend my life with her. She is distancing further and further away.
    I've realized that I will never get someone as good as her, as kind hearted, as loving, and as beautiful.
    I'm 31, not good with dating and am shy and I don't have the energy to try to find someone again and to go through it all again.
    I don't think I'll ever be able to find someone who is as well connected with me, who has all my same interests as she does.

I'm losing hope, and I don't know how much longer I can hang on.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

YOu meant someone once you can certainly do it again She obivioully saw good qualities in you so will someone else hun. She has move on now you need to move on to
    Put yourself out there again let other women see those qualities that won her over ok You can meet someone hun not the same but someone that can bring you something different to you life maybe something even more hun hugs
  3. salmouse

salmouse New Member

Have you tried being honest and telling her the same thing you said here? Tell her your doubts and fears and express your love and apologize.
  4. Slange

Slange Member

You obviously have a lot of love to give. You know, I have heard many times that the route to happiness is to help others. Get outside of your self if you can and help others, even if it's just in a small way for starters. I am trying that myself as I am suffering so. It will make you feel better, at first temporarily and then more permanently. You will be ok. Take that love you have for your girl and give it to others. They will benefit and so will you. Another woman will come into your life. I know your don't want that right now. You want the woman you love. But if you can find the strength to work on your self and your own happiness, people will be attracted to you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.