Losing hope

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Weathered heart, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weathered heart

Weathered heart New Member

I don't know if I can keep fighting anymore. I have been dealing with depression for many years and have attempted suicide 4 times. But couldn't go through with it. It caused me to lose my fiance, the love of my life. She stood by me for many years but it got to be too much for her. I did so many things to her that I regret because of my depression. I feel like i cant go on anymore, I give up. I have lost the only person who ment anything to me. I have been om several medications and therapy, but nothing seems to help. I was even hospilized after my last attempt. I keep falling back down the same dark path of suicidal tendencies and wanting to give up. I just dont know what to do anymore, why cant I just be happy.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry you feel so depressed sometimes it is very hard to get right combination of meds to keep depression at bay. Talking helps posting here going into chat
    you won't feel so alone then there is hope ok always hope New therapist approach differently new meds come out every year to help hard to treat depression new treatments too Keep talking ok to us here you are not alone with those feelings hugs
  3. Mermaid3011

Mermaid3011 Member

Hi weathered heart!

How are you feeling today?

I am sorry you were so depressed and down when you posted the message yesterday.

I have been in a similar place for the last 10 days. Everyday is a chore. Breathing feels like a big elephant is sitting on my chest. I tried to give up just recently. Thankfully I am now receiving pretty good treatment through a clinician and over the last 2 days, since I am on a new medication combo, I actually can see a tiny glimmer of hope that this heartache will someday not rule my life. Or at least give me a break for a few months.

Is that maybe something you could ask your GP/Psychiatrist? Try a new drug? Sometimes the drugs we are used to take stop having the desired effect and it's good to change to something else that may help better!
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey there,

I really am sorry to hear you are struggling so much. Keep in line with what the doctor says, follow up with your appointments, be completely honest with them and they can help you get through this, we are also here for you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.