Losing it

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by herebutnothere, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just needed to post. I guess I am not looking for sympathy or anything. I just do not quite know where I am going from here.

I now work in a place where I am the only female in a very male orientated and physical job. It is very unusual for a woman to be working in this particular field - less than 3% in the country are, and I am the only one here. I get sworn at, shouted at, screamed at, told I am all sorts of awful things which I could not even repeat on this forum. I am only just learning and I have so much to learn. In April I have a review whereby all these men can basically sack me if they do not think I am pulling my weight. I have a feeling the worst will happen as they did not even want me there in the first place. It terrifies me - this job means the world to me. It is what gets me up and out of bed in the morning.

Other than that I have many personal problems that I am struggling to cope with right now.

I do not know where to go. What to do. I just want to quit right now. I write a diary which used to help but doesn't seem to anymore. I am lost and I just want to let it all go now.

2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Maybe you should keep that diary and carry on writing it in, or start a new one and write what happens in your work place and the crap you have to put up with. When you get enough evidence approach your boss (or someone with a higher position) with your diary. You should not have to put up with such treatment in a work environment. Female, male, whatever, you're human and I'm sorry to hear you have to work with such people. Stand your ground and make yourself heard. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.