losing it

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by tammylynn, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tammylynn

tammylynn Member

I was in a pretty bad car accident on my way home from work last week and I took a couple of days off. I tried to return to work on Saturday but ended up having my husband come pick me up after only being there for about an hour. I was hit by one of the worst panic attacks I have ever had (and I have had some bad ones). I returned to work today and thought I was fine but now I am in pain ~ physically and emotionally. My hip and back will not stop throbbing and I cannot eat or sleep. I feel myself falling into the old familiar depression/suicidial spiral. I am scared because I have attemped in the past and I am feeling some of those same things ~ dispare, overwhelmed, hopeless, wanting to tune out the world.
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Did you seek or receive medical care following the accident? The physical pain may have very reasonable and understandable cause and should be checked out. The panic attack and anxiety could be triggered by many things, certainly the stress of an accident. If you have or ever had a counselor or therapist , give them a call and see if they can squeeze you in. If not talk to Dr that you see about pain about anxiety meds for at least short term use.

Take Care

3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Okay. Sorry about the car accident.

Do you have your appointment set with the doctor?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.