Losing my best friend

So my best friend and I have worked together for the last five years and next week he'll be starting a new job, I'm extremely happy for him and proud. He worked so hard to get this job, he had so many doors slam in his face and I know how much he struggled to keep a positive attitude about it, and he just never gave up even when he really wanted to, he just kept at it.
I'm putting on a brave face, but in truth I'm sad and a bit scared, I always tend to get close to people, then after they move on t something else they forget about me, it's happened so many times that I can't even count anymore. Then there also just the work aspect of it all, he is the one I go to when things just seem to start to spiral or I become manic while I'm working, having that person I can go to and vent, cry, scream and yell until it passes. I'm not going to have that anymore and I'm also scared about that, but no matter what I'm feeling I'm going to keep supporting and sending him positive energy, because he really deserve this win and I couldn't be more proud of him.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
You sound like such a wonderful, thoughtful friend and I hope your friend realises how lucky he is in that aspect. Keep supporting him and encouraging him but do you think if you tell them your true thoughts that he would think you weren't happy for him? I think you can do it in a way that doesn't make him feel guilty and make sure he knows just how super proud of him you are. I wish I had a friend like you. Bless x

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi there
Sounds like you've got some ambivalent feelings about your friend and the new job. That's ok to have -- you feel how you feel.
Are you guys close enough that you can talk about this together?

Hi there
Sounds like you've got some ambivalent feelings about your friend and the new job. That's ok to have -- you feel how you feel.
Are you guys close enough that you can talk about this together?
Yeah we talked about it, we talk about everything, we are each others go to.

You sound like such a wonderful, thoughtful friend and I hope your friend realises how lucky he is in that aspect. Keep supporting him and encouraging him but do you think if you tell them your true thoughts that he would think you weren't happy for him? I think you can do it in a way that doesn't make him feel guilty and make sure he knows just how super proud of him you are. I wish I had a friend like you. Bless x
Thank you for those kind words. We talked about it and everything, and he knows i'm happy for him and support him a million percent. It's just hard, things at this job sucks so much and it was nice having someone here that always has my back you know.

So my best friend and I have worked together for the last five years and next week he'll be starting a new job, I'm extremely happy for him and proud. He worked so hard to get this job, he had so many doors slam in his face and I know how much he struggled to keep a positive attitude about it, and he just never gave up even when he really wanted to, he just kept at it.
I'm putting on a brave face, but in truth I'm sad and a bit scared, I always tend to get close to people, then after they move on t something else they forget about me, it's happened so many times that I can't even count anymore. Then there also just the work aspect of it all, he is the one I go to when things just seem to start to spiral or I become manic while I'm working, having that person I can go to and vent, cry, scream and yell until it passes. I'm not going to have that anymore and I'm also scared about that, but no matter what I'm feeling I'm going to keep supporting and sending him positive energy, because he really deserve this win and I couldn't be more proud of him.
Some people are in our life for a reason, a season or longer....in mine it's generally a reason or a season so I accept it now and let go when it's time......I'm ok to be me

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00