Losing my mind?

crazyk

SF Supporter
I’ve had memory problems for a few years now. Everyone always says “you’ve got so much on your mind”. But I think it’s more than that. I’ve started telling people to please not ask me if I remember things (do you remember when I was talking about such and such, who stars in that movie, who sings that song etc). People get frustrated with me frequently. I don’t remember things I’ve said. One of the worst times was I asked a friend when she was going to invite me to her new house. Everyone said I had been there for dinner already. I still don’t remember going. Well, the latest; last Sunday I exchanged gifts with a couple friends. On Thursday, I was shopping online and I bought them all gifts. I remembered tonight that we already exchanged. It’s scary

Were all together

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
@crazyk, if you're concerned about memory loss. Maybe, make an appointment with your physician. Many things can be contributed to memory loss. Stress, medications, etc. I have the same problem. I've found that stress was the cause. I suggest checking with your physician first. Just to be certain.

crazyk

SF Supporter
I’ve had memory problems for a few years now. Everyone always says “you’ve got so much on your mind”. But I think it’s more than that. I’ve started telling people to please not ask me if I remember things (do you remember when I was talking about such and such, who stars in that movie, who sings that song etc). People get frustrated with me frequently. I don’t remember things I’ve said. One of the worst times was I asked a friend when she was going to invite me to her new house. Everyone said I had been there for dinner already. I still don’t remember going. Well, the latest; last Sunday I exchanged gifts with a couple friends. On Thursday, I was shopping online and I bought them all gifts. I remembered tonight that we already exchanged. It’s scary
By the way I’m only 53

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Could medications be causing this?

I suffer from memory problems too but it is medicine related. It is not as severe as yours but you definitely need to get it looked into. 53 is young, I hope you get this issue sorted and your mind put to rest :)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00