losing myself, need advice.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by fearful, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fearful

fearful Guest

I've pretty much been a loner for most of my young adult life. Recently I made a friend whom I care about a lot. This is the first freind I've made in the longest time and I've been feeling closer and closer to this person as time goes by. And the closer I feel, the more fear builds in me that I might lose this friend. I keep doing really stupid annoying things that are totally out of character for me (calling too much, being clingy, needy,acting desperate..) I can't seem to pull myself away from this mode I've gotten myself into. I know the way I'm acting is starting to irritate and annoy my friend a great deal, but I just don't know what to do. So my question is, How do I stop letting this fear control my actions towards him?? Has anybody found themselves in a similiar situation? I know I'm acting this way because I haven't had a friend in so long and I'm just not sure what would happen to me if I lost them, so how do I stop thinking this way?? I don't want to lose them because of my actions. I just feel so lost right now. I want to be me again, not this needy person I'm becoming. Please, if anybody's got advice...

2. clingfilm

clingfilm Guest

If you cling to someone then you risk pushing them further away, and probably will, because people need space.

You should talk to your friend about how you feel and why, it might help them be more tolerant about your actions.

It might also help you to gain some other interests, maybe do some voluntary work, or pick up a hobby or two. it might be very scary, but scarier than losing your friend? Probably not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.