Losing Them During The Bad Times

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by BlackPegasus, Jan 22, 2008.

1. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

A friend of mine recently passed at age 21. It was particularly sad because she had suffered since she was 15 with medical problems. The doctors were baffled about her survival. She had been revived so many times from the brink of death. Literally pronounced dead and revived. She had so much strength and every time the doctors would say she was about to go from the blood clots in her brain she just kept hanging on.

Well when i came back after Christmas alone and escaping from my abusive husband I honestly admit I didn't expect her to go. I had so many problems of my own and I was already in shock over what happen so my reaction to her death put me in deeper shock. What really got me was her amazing strength and wisdom and the things that were said at her funeral caused me to burst into tears because it was like her speaking from the grave and telling me I could make it through this mess I was in.

Maybe in some way she chose that moment to help me. She has always been so selfless, thinking only of others. Such a kind, gentle heart and so strong and brave. When I heard her written words the tears flowed truly for the first time over my situation.

Since then I've been so busy that I've forgotten to think about this. I just thought about it now. It really was a lot at once and it really was a time in my life where everything changes and you have to move on and adapt to a difficult situation. I suppose it made me stronger and I suppose she would have wanted me to know that.

I'm thinking of you A.
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

:hug: I'm sorry for your loss but am glad you had the opportunity to have such a special person in your life.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

im sorry for your loss :hug: