Loss Of An Unborn Child

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Izziebabystar, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Izziebabystar

Izziebabystar Well-Known Member

i recently had to have an abortion because i had an eptopic pregnancy and then i had a miscarrige. im finding myself collecting baby items without realiseing im doing it at the time and then getting really upset about it after. its happened a few times latly. i got a pram and a car seat free. then i bought a pregnancy magazine. and then i bought a soft cuddly thumper bunny rattle yesterday.

is this normal

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your losses. What a horrific time you are going through.

It sounds like your grief is causing you a lot of problems right now. There is no 'normal' or 'abnormal' with grief, it is just what you feel.

Have you been to see a therapist or anyone like that? They may be able to really help you with what you are going through.
  3. Pebble

Pebble Well-Known Member

Everyone reacts differently to this sort of loss, I have had two miscarriages and the emotional pain is just unbearable, unfortunatley rather than buying stuff I shut myself away and didnt go out and turned all my pain against myself. It sounds like you need to give yourself some time to heal and come to terms with the loss of your baby, this takes time and you need to really look after yourself. Can you do something special in your garden maybe - like planting a tree or plant in memory of your baby? maybe this will help you start coming to terms with it all and give you somewhere to go when things get hard? Sorry if I've not helped, just these are the sorts of things that I found myself x If you ever want to talk pm me x
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I think deep down you still want a baby.. It will happen..Both my neice and daughter have had several miscarriages but still ended up with children.. Look towards that.. Your time will come..Be gentle with yourself..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.