Lost a friend

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Friend of d, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Friend of d

Friend of d Guest

I am having a really hard time dealing with the suicide of a friend. She was happy whenever I saw her. It has confused me to the point where I have been having suicidial thoughts of my own. I was not particularly close to her. I am not going to kill myslef or anything. I just wondered if anyone else had feelings like this. Honestly, Danielle <Mod Edit> was not someone that I ever would have thought would do something like this.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  2. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

Im sorry for your loss. Sometimes people can hide the most horrible emotions and put on a smile on their face. My therapist used to say how well I hid how i felt and said it wasn't really a good thing. Maybe she felt she didn't want to bother anyone around her with her problems

3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

People can hide what they feel with masks which is what your friend did. Perhaps you could say that a person shouldn't always take things at face value.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I'm sorry for your loss...

I'm here if you need to talk :hug:

5. Fern17

Fern17 Well-Known Member

Even those of us who feel suicidal, can question the final decision one makes when they do that. My sister-in-law committed suicide and there is something about how it makes it that much more possible/realistic when someone we know commits suicide. So when we're hurting, it can more easily become a possibility--even though we are living through the real pain and devastation of having lost someone through suicide.

It's confusing and it hurts. I have no real answers, but I do know that when I am feeling suicidal (often, lately) it always does pass. I always have to hold onto that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.