Lost a friend

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Friend of d, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Friend of d

Friend of d Guest

I am having a really hard time dealing with the suicide of a friend. She was happy whenever I saw her. It has confused me to the point where I have been having suicidial thoughts of my own. I was not particularly close to her. I am not going to kill myslef or anything. I just wondered if anyone else had feelings like this. Honestly, Danielle <Mod Edit> was not someone that I ever would have thought would do something like this.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  2. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

Im sorry for your loss. Sometimes people can hide the most horrible emotions and put on a smile on their face. My therapist used to say how well I hid how i felt and said it wasn't really a good thing. Maybe she felt she didn't want to bother anyone around her with her problems
  3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

People can hide what they feel with masks which is what your friend did. Perhaps you could say that a person shouldn't always take things at face value.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm sorry for your loss...

I'm here if you need to talk :hug:
  5. Fern17

Fern17 Well-Known Member

Even those of us who feel suicidal, can question the final decision one makes when they do that. My sister-in-law committed suicide and there is something about how it makes it that much more possible/realistic when someone we know commits suicide. So when we're hurting, it can more easily become a possibility--even though we are living through the real pain and devastation of having lost someone through suicide.

It's confusing and it hurts. I have no real answers, but I do know that when I am feeling suicidal (often, lately) it always does pass. I always have to hold onto that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.