• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Lost all hope

Lily16

Hi all. I feel so flat and that I have no one in my life that gives a toss about me. I know they are all busy etc etc but I still feel it. I drove 5 hours last week and my sister couldn’t find the time to meet me for 2 hours. I know she is busy but I am feeling so down that sort of thing really gets to me lately.
I can’t connect with people even though I have tried and now I just don’t care anymore. I have decided to leave for good so don’t need anyone anymore anyway.
I have been encouraged so many times to take medication and I did consider it but just don’t want to. Not much point. I have tried therapy and distraction etc have tried lots. Nothing seems to get through this black cloud.
Thank you for listening/reading wanted to vent in a safe space.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
sometimes people are busy but they should always rty to make time for us at some point. and maybe meds would be a good idea as well as trying therapy again. this is a safe place to vent because the people here are compassionate and never judge. i hope you feel better soon....mike...*hug*console*brohug

GMody

I agree with Mike. Why are you not taking meds. They will really help you. Also find new therapist. I know things are looking bleak right now. But they will get better. Sorry your sister could not find time for you. Next time you can ask her beforehand a suitable time to meet her. Keep fighting.

Lily16

sometimes people are busy but they should always rty to make time for us at some point. and maybe meds would be a good idea as well as trying therapy again. this is a safe place to vent because the people here are compassionate and never judge. i hope you feel better soon....mike...*hug*console*brohug
Thanks Mike,
I have a therapist session booked in for tomorrow, not so sure about the meds though. I’m glad this space is safe 💕

Lily16

I agree with Mike. Why are you not taking meds. They will really help you. Also find new therapist. I know things are looking bleak right now. But they will get better. Sorry your sister could not find time for you. Next time you can ask her beforehand a suitable time to meet her. Keep fighting.
Thank you. I have a therapist appointment booked tomorrow and I will give her one final shot. The meds I just don’t want to do. Yes things are bleak right now and have been for a long time, I don’t know if I want to keep fighting.

GMody

Please be positive with the therapist. Why do you not want to take meds. Surely they work. I simply don't understand why you have such aversion to them. I am guaranting they will help you. And you wont vomit. I am taking my bipolar disorder meds since 4 years. Hardly have depression. Please for heaven's sake take meds. If they don't work you can stop them or take alternative meds. You won't get better without them. Sometimes if we don't like something, we gotta do!

MarvelFan

Vanity of Vanities
"give a toss" I love that saying I am from the US so we dont get to use that often lol. We say here alot "no one gives a rats ass" lol but anyways sorry for your plight I can say this that sometimes family or friends is not who I stretch out for unless it is a really close to my heart family member or friend but I find myself finding neighbors/strangers in sometimes rare occasions actually "giving a toss" about talking to me and that counts.

Anyways It was nice to hear from you hear *hug

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
@Lily16

I got a sister thats too busy with her kids. Uses her "children" as an excuse at times when crisis happen in the family with a parent. Its so annoying but I do see her being exhausted by 7pm. Its fun being around kids most of the time when they are not cranky/melting down just wonder if you interact with the neice/nephew(s) at all. I sure like getting pictures and artwork in the mail from my neice and nephew.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$150.00
Goal
$255.00