Lost and confused

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by geekay, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geekay

geekay New Member

My partner of nearly 20 years, quite rightly, is really mad at me. Things seem to be heading for a break-up and I don;t know what to do. Physically I could cope; mentally I am a mess. I have been looking most of the day at suicide information on the Web. I called a volunteer hot-line, but do not feel better. I am thinking of going to an emergency center as I am not sure what I can do.
    I guess I need someone to talk to. This problem is my doing and I feel helpless and with zero self-esteem.
    Can anybody help?
  2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

So sorry your life is really tough right now and that you don't have anyone in person that you can talk too but you have us now! Can you tell us a bit more of how your feeling (other than the obvious of course) and what is going on?
    This place is really supportive and filled with people who genuinely care about you and want to help so keep posting we are here!
    I know you don't feel good about yourself right now and I wish I knew what to say to make that go away but getting better and feeling better are a process that takes time. Like I said call hot lines and post and hang on and slowly it gets better.
    Please write back and let us know how your doing.
  3. bright1

bright1 Well-Known Member

Would it help to tell us what happened? I feel pretty sure that no one will judge you or tell you how you screwed up, but you may get a lot of replies that go something like this: "I've made the same mistake!" Would it help to hear that?
  4. confuzzle

confuzzle Well-Known Member

Hey, we are here for you. I remember that I did the same thing as you did before I found this place, but you just have to hang in there. I don't know what to say that hasn't been said already, other than that our ears are open and this place is really supportive. You are not alone out there, remember that!
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry your in such distress. I think going to emergency dept is a good idea. The crisis team there will be able to talk with you and maybe give you something to help with your depression and anxiety. Perhaps get you some councilling or therapy as well. Don't go it on your own get help it is out there okay take care remember one day time Perhaps couple councilling will help as well maybe mention that see what happens.
  6. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you're in such a bad state right now. Definately would advise you seek some help, in the form of your local doctor or going to the hospital if you feel you are in some immediate danger!
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Geekay and welcome to the forums.

What did you decide to do? If you feel that you could act on your thoughts, please do go to the hospital.
    Why is your boyfriend mad at you? Do you think it can be worked out between you? :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.