lost and confused.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Mordeci, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Nothing is right in my world. I seem to hate everything, my situation, the people around me, myself. Nothing is going right. I had this wonderful plan to get back “on track” but it fell through. Now I am just filled with so much anger and hate and there is nothing I can do about it. I am at a point now where there is only minimal changes I can make to my life for the foreseeable future that will lead me towards eventual happiness, but it doesn’t seem enough. I have no money, no friends, no self esteem and that won’t change for at least another six months. I am tired of living off people but there is nothing I can do about it at the moment and honestly I really just despise myself so much at the moment.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Minimal changes are worth it. They add up. The smaller steps can be better because they're not so overwhelming. Just try to do one or two things that you think have the potential of making your life better. Every little bit counts.

3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

If we look at the whole picture of all we have to achieve it can seem overwhelming and unachievable. Baby steps are the way to achieve those things, so by making those small changes, you're doing all the right things to get to a better place and a better life. Like Alison says, they add up. And they really do.

4. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Hello Mordeci. When I was in my late teens I felt full of hate from vicious abuse and undiagnosed depression/undiagnosed OCD which hobbled my ability to work or socialize as I previously had. Feeling angry was absolutely justifiable considering what I was suffering under but the anger did nothing but intensify my depression and inability to enjoy anything- the two friends I still barely had, my beloved nutball dog, bicycle rides, food, going to the mall to buy something- anything.

The one change I made which gave back my ability to enjoy some things in life and lessened my depression to the point it was more bearable was to address my millions of problems and handicaps with a gentle approach- forgiving of myself and my unfair afflictions. Anger is so self destructive and, cliche that it is, hate is baggage.

Be well :console: and patient, okay?

5. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I still don't know, my life now for at least the next three years, for lack of a better term, will suck. I am looking at a ton of work and alot of stress that I am not fully sure I can handle. I just want it all to be over with. Beyond that my immediate future is awful, no money, no job, no structure in my life at all. On top of that there is no family and friends I can rely on. Right now my future looks very bleak.

6. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Also for some reason every little thing despises me, I really seem to hate other people at the moment, especially if they are happy.

7. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Is it possible to look only a day or so ahead and not too far into the future?.
    that way it may not seem so overwhelming.....
    maybe find a safe way to get that anger and hatred out of your system....
    cognitive behaviour thereapy helped me enormously..maybe could help you too..
    take care

8. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I try taking it day by day, but honeslty I have so little to do during the day that it dosen't seem worth it. Just go to the gym, call family members and then thats it, I am usually done by 11 am with nothing to do. My theripist actually does some Cognitive Behavioral therapy but it is a very long process, so I don't really know what to do.

9. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

that's good that you're having the therapy.....for me it's a continual process throughout my life...meds and therapy forever to keep me on track...
    can your therapist suggest some ways to vent the anger?...
    anger internalised = depression....
    is there anything that you still have an interest in?
    do something nice for yourself .....each day if you can...
    keep posting here if it helps...take care..

10. peacegirl

peacegirl Well-Known Member

Mordeci, sometimes we are in situations that we have no control over. Obviously, you would do better if you could do better. So you shouldn't be so down on yourself even though your situation is far from optimal. There is something you can change right now, and that is your feelings toward yourself. You need to give yourself a break. Money comes and goes, friends come and go, but your worth as a human being doesn't change with the wind. Please remember this so that your self-esteem can grow and as it does things will look brighter. In turn, people will respond to you in ways you never expected and you might just get what you are looking for quicker than you ever imagined. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.