lost and don't know what to do anymore....

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by A_waste_of_time, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A_waste_of_time

A_waste_of_time New Member

I'll try to keep this short.

Ever since I turned 13, I just started getting really depressed. one thing that hit frst was the fact I am a shy person. two, I couldn't do anything except draw crappy pictures. and at the age of 14 knowing my only talent would get me nowhere in life, i decided i would kill myself at 18 when i could buy a gun.

I couldn't wait to die, but i did "live" somewhat of a life. i had some friends, a few girlfrinds(never gonna date again) but every "friend" as of last year pretty much turned on me. even though I was always, kind, supporting, loving, caring to everyone of them.

it made me think, why even bother? Life is so cold.

so now i'm 19, dont go to college, stay alone, at home still. I fell like I've failed everyone I know, and I'd be better dead.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No you did not fail anyone your friends failed you. Can you just take something a course that will bring you happiness nothing stressful to get you out amongst people again. Take an art course a course in something creative acting anything that will help your self esteem. Take karate boxing something to release some hurt anger as well. isolating oneself is the worse thing you can do. Join a sport team anything okay and keep reaching out here we are listening you are not alone anymore.
  3. PerfectlyMurdered

PerfectlyMurdered Well-Known Member

I agree with Violet, you really should gradually get out there with things that could bring you happiness. That way you can get better friends, ones that will actually care more. You did not fail anyone, I'm sorry that they failed you. I understand why you wouldn't want to date again, I've been there. You don't have to get invovled with anyone right away, but you might change your mind in the future. Do you want to talk about exactly what happened with all of that? That might help.
    Don't give up. Try new things in life, there will and has to be many things that you're good at, or will be able to be good at :). I hope you will start to see that life worth living.
  4. Bonifide C

Bonifide C Member

Is shyness the only reason for your depression? Despite your lack of talent in art, can't you find another hobbies that could interest you? Perhaps learn to play an instrument? Music and art goes hand and hand, and you will have something to keep you occupy and not think of these thoughts. Buying a gun would be a bad decision and it one you will regret only after it is too late.

I think it best you give therapy a shot, they can help you more than any of us can at our best.

Simply adding on to what ~violet~ said, join boxing, kick boxing, and other type of sport that allow you to release your anger out and maybe at the same time give you one hell of a workout. And if you look good, you will feel good! Staying in an isolated area all day long would only make it worst.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.