Lost and tired

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by jdc72011, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdc72011

jdc72011 New Member

I just lost my job on Friday and don't know what to do. I haven't taken my antidepressant since and am thinking of taking <methods> with 4 bottles of Smirnoff Ice I have in the fridge. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2011
  2. Caster

Caster Well-Known Member

Yes, please dispose of your method so you're not tempted to do something bad.

Also, I would keep taking your anti-depressant. It may feel like it won't be enough to completely help, but it'll still help some and be better as opposed to nothing.

I know how devastating it can be to lose a job. Last year both of my parents lost their jobs. However, they now have new jobs, even though it took a while. My point is that this isn't the end. Yes, grieving is a normal part of the healing process from losing a job, but over time you'll continue to feel better and I'm sure you'll find another job eventually.

Please continue to reach out to us and post so we can help you. Let us know that you're safe.
  3. unemployedman

unemployedman New Member

I lost my job too last year and have been doing nothing but worrying about what I will do next. I have a history of depression and anxiety attacks. They are both battling me like two kids fighting over a toy. It's been a year and hopefully I will find some work soon...i'm not sure how long I can go on like this. Hang in there and hopefully things will work out. When I lost my job I was in bed for like a week straight....I was so depressed I didn't want to do anything.
  4. LoveBeing

LoveBeing Well-Known Member

Hi jdc72011,

I don’t know how old you are, etc, but you must know that losing jobs is just part of our life experiences. I remember the first time when I lost my job, I felt like part of me was badly injured. Later on I realized that it was my ego that was badly injured. Fortunately my integrity remained. I even quit my jobs a few times after that first time losing job experience.

Anyway, our occupation cannot define us. We are not our jobs or any experiences. Who or what we are always remains as is no matter what happens in our life situations. We are all the same in essence, including your former employers, who are no more or no less than you or me…

It’s understandable that you are feeling the way you are feeling, but you know that you have the strength to go through this…

Do what you can do now. You will be more empowered when you can accept what has happened and face the reality now…

Wish you well!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.