Lost custody of my son to abuser in May, want to die

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by dani_cali, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dani_cali

dani_cali Member

I barely see my son anymore. it's not what he wanted, not what I wanted. my ex slowly worked the system and finally took him off me after 5 years of trying to fight him. I can't be without my boy. I have nobody. I can't believe this has happened.

2. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

I just want to say that I am very sorry that this happened to you. I would like and hope to believe there is more that you can do. The system should take into heavy consideration that you are this child's mother. I know what I'm saying isn't much help, and perhaps I sound hypocritical seeing as I don't see much hope in my own life, but I hope you don't give up at least for your son.

3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Hello and sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties. Courts these days recognize the rights of both the mother and the father. Unless there are some unforeseen circumstances, you should be able to negotiate the custody to equal time. You will need to have your attorney file for a custody hearing so that an equal shared custody between you and your former husband can be set up properly. Good luck, it may take some perseverance.

4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi. I am so sorry to read that this has happened. I can well understand why you would be in so much pain. I am wondering if there is a women's advocacy group that might be able to help you. i do not live in the UK. So I do not know.

As much as you feel you cannot go on without your son, and I do understand this, I believe that he will need to know you are alive. It is very important for a child who has been separated from a loving parent to know the parent is still there waiting for their return. I know that my words do not help your feeling at all. Even if you know you have to stay alive, it does not change the feeling that you cannot live without him. Do you have visitation? i do not know what support you have locally. If you have a therapist or support system. But I have heard that the samaritans have given people help and support. Here is the link for them, if you feel you might lie to give them a call http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/contact-us

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.