Lost hope

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by MKH, Aug 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MKH

MKH New Member

I'm new and have been suffering from depression for the past 10+ yrs. I am under the care of a psychiatrist and therapist - both of which don't seem to be helping. I'm so depressed I've had to take time off work and now spend all day on how I should kill myself since I'm sick of living this way. I don't know how to ask for help and recently my therapist suggested that I see someone else. I can't go through explaining it all again - I just hate life and there is nothing I enjoy any more.
  2. has

has Member

hi, I'm going through a similar situation. what you need to do is find a support system. do you have family or close friends that you could tell this to? i know its hard to get others to understand that what you're going through is serious and a lot of the time they don't take it seriously unless you actually try to harm yourself. but you should tell them you're thinking about ending your life because you see no other options and tell them to keep an eye on you. ask for hugs, hold their hands, tell them how you're feeling even if it hurts; it helps. also read this http://www.cracked.com/article_15658_the-ten-minute-suicide-guide.html. it helped me after i tried to kill myself, i don't think i'll be attempting it again any time soon. i also heard if you meditate 5-20 minutes every day for 30-40 days it helps tremendously. i know it seems like a lot to even get up right now but just take it easy on yourself and give yourself a break. whenever you feel slightly better even just for a minute you should try to get up and do something beneficial to your mental or physical health, even if its just walking around the room or drinking a glass of water. give yourself a hug if theres no one around. please message me if you need someone to talk to.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome, don't give up hope. How long have you been seeing your psychiatrist and seeing your therapist? Have you told them how low you really are feeling, they might be able to change something.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi MKH depression is treatable it is with right combination therapy meds If your therapist is not helping maybe a new one is the way to go then someone with new eyes and ears
    Your pdoc be honest with ok maybe your meds need an add on or upped or even changed some hugs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.