Lost in my regrets and ready to give up

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mark0917, May 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark0917

mark0917 New Member

I truly don't know how much more I can take in my life. every day it seems to be getting worse and i can't deal with it anymore. I dwell on my mistakes and the stupid choices I made that lead me to where I am. I've lost a lot and my future seems so hopeles and I'm caught in the woulda coulda shoulda and its tearing me apart and I do not know how to cope any more. i wake up with a pit in my stomach every day and I constantly dwell on yesteryear and I beat myself up for being weak when I should of been strong, and being irresponsible when I should of been. I'm so lost in life and I feel like such a failure and I am at the point where just ending it all is the only way to rid myself of the every day torture I live inside my head. All i had to do is all I think of and I can't let go of what I need to let go of.

2. alloutoftears

alloutoftears Account Closed

me too
    the recession amplifies it don't ya think? all the negative news - ash clouds oil spills etc

One thing is true though Mark, you still can choose what you want to do with your future. I'm a firm believer in freedom of choice.

I don't know what unhappiness you have experienced, what failures you have had or even who has hurt you or you have hurt.

What I do know is, these things are done and cant be undone all the worry in the world and all the regrets you feel cant undo them, sorry.

You can choose your reaction though, you can stay in pain and hurt for the remainder of your life or you can slowly and gently rebuild your self until you are strong enough to begin again.

Trust me when i say to you that you are not alone, a lot of us have felt exactly as you do now and a some of us still do.

You have the power to choose what you do next, i just hope you don't make any impulsive decisions

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Mark, Welcome to the forums..I couldn't help picking up on the cognitive distortion in what you wrote..Should of's, could of's, can'ts, ought to's, musts... Are all distortions.. You should see a therapist to learn how to cope with these..There are other distortions in what you wrote.. I hope you find a good therapist...

4. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

I feel you man, trust me I do. I get stuck in the what ifs all the time. Maybe because I know that my choices made me miserable. Knowing that stuff as simple as a word could have prevented these issues.

You need to find the courage to learn from your mistakes. That is all we realty can do.

5. ozbound

ozbound Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I know how you feel I make a lot of decisions with the best of intentions but somehow they get turned around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.