Lost it AGAIN

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by worthless1, Jan 5, 2012.

1. worthless1

worthless1 Member

I have had it. I feel like a door mat. I am too nice. I get walled all over. Wife, kids, everyone. Last night my wife was ticked because I only bought chicken. So she starts eating oatmeal. I say FINE I'll fo to safeway and buy meat. Well I am so pissed I take off and do 70 in a 35 mph zone, in the rain, no seat belts. I buy $50 worth of meat and return. She won't even talk to me, Same with my daughter. I get the silent treatment. I go downstairs and start punching myself. Somehow it makes me feel better. I am ready to end it all, the only thing that keeps me going is my daughter. I know I need help, but after it is all over I fel better and feel like I don't need help. I have little trust in anyone and always lie when I go to counselling. I HATE MYSELF!:shame:
  2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

There's no point in going to counseling if you aren't open.

Both you and your wife's reactions to the situation were pretty inappropriate, which makes it sound like that's not what you guys were really upset about.

Perhaps family counseling would do you all some good?
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I think going to see a therapist is a process and it takes time to feel secure enough to be revealing...it took me years to discuss some issues...maybe there are characteristics of therapist that are more supportive for you...maybe list them, and the issues you feel you want to discuss so that it might be easier to disclose this information...I am saddened that you feel that SH is a way to make the feelings pass...you hurt yourself more in this way...please reconsider getting the care you need