Lost it all

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 58 years old and due to Covid 19 I've lost my business and all wealth I worked for. I don't see anyway back to my former life from here, I have dark thoughts everyday and only sleep 3-4 hours at a time.
I'm stressed to the max and have banks and finance companies harassing daily, I think my only option will be to declare personal bankruptcy and then my fall will be complete.

Brân

i don't like me either
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you're here. I'm really sorry for what you've gone through, I can't imagine it. I hope you can get some support and lean on us here a bit to get you through it. It's not the end. Have you sought out professional help to help you figure out your options for this?

Hey, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you're here. I'm really sorry for what you've gone through, I can't imagine it. I hope you can get some support and lean on us here a bit to get you through it. It's not the end. Have you sought out professional help to help you figure out your options for this?
My business was very capital intensive due to covid we crashed hard with little market for the assets of the business. I owe banks and financiers millions so my options are very limited. At 58 I don't or can't see much of a future now certainly no quality of life.

WildCherry

Owner Emeritus
Hi and welcome. I'm sorry for what you're going through. So often when I'm talking with people now, one of the first things that's said is, "I never thought I'd see something like this in my lifetime." It's a nightmare for so many. I hope you'll continue to reach out here.

Sorry that you're going through this.

I don't think suicide is your only option here. It could be that with the right help, you'll be ok, but may have to adjust to a new life.

Do you have family members or friends that are giving you any support?

Thankyou all for the supportive comments.
I have a plan to set my adult children up in their own business and get them some sort of future, this will take 6-8 months then I don't see any future for myself.

Do you think some place like SCORE or SBA could give you some advice about this?

If any of your personal assets can be protected by bankruptcy, and you can collect social security, that might be enough to live some place like Mexico or somewhere in Asia.

I don't see any future for myself
Maybe the your future will be different than the one you planned, and you might have less money, but it's possible to live, and maybe even have a happier life than the one you planned to have.

Waves

Thankyou all for the supportive comments.
I have a plan to set my adult children up in their own business and get them some sort of future, this will take 6-8 months then I don't see any future for myself.

CRASH!! Hello it is Waves. Concerned about you. Could you message me about where you are at? Praying for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$170.00
Goal
$255.00