Lost Mom and Dad

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Abby Rose, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Abby Rose

Abby Rose Well-Known Member

Today would have been my parents 32 wedding anniversary, except 15 years ago my mother killed my father and then herself after finding out that he was cheating on her with her friend. The odd thing is that I miss only my mother and blame my father for both their deaths. It's not that my father was a bad or cruel to me or that I can remember, it's just I resent him for pushing my mother over the edge. Is it wrong that I don't miss my father?

2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

There is no right or wrong way to feel in this situation. From your point of view, your father's actions pushed your mother to take both their lives. Now, of course neither person is innocent here,, but from the way you see it, his actions brought it about. Maybe someday you will forgive them both. :hug: I'm so sorry.

3. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Im so sorry to hear that, i can understand you beleaving your dad pushing your mom over the edge. Still, may the both rest in peace.

4. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

i am sorry to hear this.

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry to hear that this happened to your family. There is no right or wrong way to feel about your parents. I wish things could have been handled differently, but they weren't. Your mother must have been in a lot of pain and had a great deal of anger with your father to take such drastic measures. The blame does not lie with one or the other. Were you closer in life to your mother than your father? This may cause some of those feelings. Have you been to any type of grief support? Even after this amount of time, there may be things you still have not dealt with. I will keep you in my thoughts. :hug: