Lost my chance

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by brainstorm, Jul 11, 2008.

1. brainstorm

brainstorm Well-Known Member

Hah. A friend of mine (eye-achingly gorgeous) was getting closer to me a bit last year, inviting me to her home, meeting with her friends, but kept giving me confusing signals (like "selling" me a female friend of hers that might meet us at a dinner at another friend of hers - and then proceeding to ignore me during dinner when her friend didn't show up).

Oh well. I had my fantasies with her, but was never able to make a step towards her. Like with everyone, I'm afraid of wrecking what little I have for the possibility of taking the next step. Also, she works with me, and that's another can of worms...

She's got a brand new boyfriend now.

Why can't I move on? Why can't I realize that I've already done the rounds of every girl I know and found out that nobody is interested, so I need to find and meet new people?

Why is meeting new people so goddamn difficult? It seems no one ever has room in his/her life for me or my needs.

I feel so worn out. I can barely breathe, it's coming shallow.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

We do not change our minds as quickly as we would like...many times we have to mourn the loss of something and then we give ourselves permission to move on...hope this transition comes very soon 4 you...big hugs, J
  3. Lady Byron

Lady Byron Well-Known Member

This might not help you in the least, but I have kind of a similar story. When I was in the 6th grade, I had this crush on this guy that sat at my table. When I say crush I mean totally infatuated with him. Anyway, he started talking to me a little and then we became friends and he told me a lot of stuff. What hurt me the most was when he told me that he had had a crush on someone in our class and that he was over her now and that he was starting to like me. Well, at the end of the school year, he was dating that girl he had said he didn't like anymore and it took me two years to get over that. I know I was really young and everything, but I did fall hard. You're probably wondering what the hell I'm talking about but I just wanted to say that it might take time to get over this, but in the end you can. . . only if you really want to though. Best of luck anyway though! PM me anytime you need someone to talk to :smile:.