Lost my dad

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Simmy, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Simmy

Simmy New Member

Life is not the same as it was before after my father passed away. There is a strange silence in the house. We remember him in everything that we do especially when having dinner at night; we always had dinner together. Mum is sad too and my heart pains when I see her in this condition. But there is nothing that I can do for her because once people die they do not return back. Father went for a business trip to Brazil. We all tried to stop him from going but he insisted saying that his business will suffer heavy loss if he fails to attend this meeting. Father was a heart patient and he had to take his medicine everyday. But when he reached Brazil all his luggage was stolen even his medicine. He told this to us on the phone. Mum was very worried and she told him to look for a pharmacy and buy his medicines so that he can take his medicines on time. I searched for pharmacies in Brazil on the net and came across a site; http://www.drugdelivery.ca/xx-BR-18-A-xx/Paran%C3%A1-Pharmacy.aspx where all the pharmacies were listed grouped by cities and where we got the phone number of pharmacies. I sent dad the numbers on his mobile…..Later he called and said that he had got his medicines and that he is alright. But next morning we received a call saying that dad was no more. He had lied to us. He had not taken his medicines. It was all the result of his carelessness. 2 years have passed by but we still remember him and …..
  2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

I lost my father too. I truly hope that you can get past this...I know it's hard, but the pain gets better and you will feel happy again.
  3. blade

blade Well-Known Member

hey hun i can... i never lost anyone but yeah i understand what ur going through..
    im always here,... :)
  4. Darkness N Light

Darkness N Light Staff Alumni

I am so sorry that you have lost your father. I am sorry that he lied to you and your mom. The pain will ease sweetie it just takes time and a lot of the time it takes a lot of time for the pain to ease. If you ever need to talk feel free to send me a pm. I will get back to you as soon as I get it. Take care and I love you. :hug: :cheekkiss :hug: :cheekkiss :hug: :cheekkiss :hug: :cheekkiss

With Love,
    Crystal :hug: :cheekkiss
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

The loss of a father can be devastating. They are often the cornerstone in your life and when they are gone it seems the foundation begins to crumble. I know that there is something almost everyday that makes me think of my dad. like you I lost him almost 2 years ago. You must do what you can to remember all the good times you had together. When you start feeling sad or overwhelmed, think of one of those times. The pain never leaves, but it does lessen with time. :hug: