Lost my friend one month ago

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by DistantMemories, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Hi all..

I just signed up here today, hoping to find someone to relate to. One of my close friends comited one month ago, none of us saw it coming. It has been a difficult time since then for me, I don't know how to deal with it. Everything I do reminds me of him or anything we did together with friends. I don't feel that other friends understand what I'm going through, and I keep up ending in an argue with them. It feels like I'm pushing away some friends because of this, but I can't help it. I can't sleep very well, so my dad prescribed me sleeping pills. I really hope they work because I feel like a zombie atm.

I just don't know how to figure this all out and to go on with my life. So I hope to find someone who knows how I feel,... It's just getting too much to handle right know.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think you need to find a professional who will help you sort out all these emotions. Grief is very hard emotion everyone grieves differently. A grief councillor or a psychologist can help you deal with the pain you are having and the confusion. Ask your dad to get you professional help okay talk to him and tell him you need councilling take care.
  3. In a way I know I should do that. But by doing that it's like admitting it that my life has gone off track, and somehow I can't do that.
  4. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I agree with Violet, perhaps you need to speak to a professional and let your feelings out, it can help with the grieving process a lot. You could also try other things such as if you're into writing, writing a poem or story about your friend. If you're into Art, drawing something that symbolises your friend, or your favourite memory of them. You could also write a letter to your friend and put it in a place he used to like, or maybe put it in a bottle and let it float away in a river. Perhaps you and your friends could hold a night of rememberance, and think back about all the happy memories you had with your friend and talk about why you loved them. Tasks like this can help ease the pain, you also feel like you're still connected to your friend.

You, and your friends, are all in pain at the moment. Hopefully they'll understand why you've been pushing them away lately. Everyone grieves in their own way, please do what violet suggested and look into the professional help.

Take care of yourself. :hug: xx
  5. herryjame

herryjame New Member

Hello DistantMemories.
    I am Sorry to hear this and you know what I can understand your feeling which is for your friend because I have also suffered from this problem. You have to come out from this situation because your friend will not come back again but he would be very sad after seeing you like this. so please do your routine work and after some time you will slowly slowly forget him. I know it takes time but everything will be alight. otherwise a grief councillor or a psychologist can help you deal with the pain you are having and the confusion but don't take sleeping pills.
    Thanks for sharing your feelings.