Lost my hope

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by swimmergirl, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

I always have had that ounce of hope that tomorrow will be different, that things do change one way or another, that my own free will plays some role in my life, that the pain cannot last forever. I think I am wrong. In fact, I know I am wrong, at least for me. The hope is what is dying, withering away and I know once that is gone, what's left of me will be gone too. It feels like it is only a matter of time now, everyday I lose a little more, every hour becomes that much harder.

I am taking medication, go to therapy four damn times a week, exercise, try to do things that make me feel good, but there is only darkness, it always comes back around and swallows me up.

2. jenniferelaine

jenniferelaine Well-Known Member

Yannow I am going to keep bugging you to meet me until you actually do, right?

Everytime I feel like I'm about to give up, someone reaches out their hand and helps me back up...and even if I'm only up for a day, they reach back in again.

3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I'm struggling the same way too right now. Things were fine for awhile and now I've gone back down hill.

Hope seems to come and go for me. It seems that when it goes, I need to remind myself that it'll come back at some point. At least a little bit.

One lady once told me: Oh honey, there's always a stupid tomorrow.

I hope you feel better soon. :hug:

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

depressin sucks because for some reason it is like a cycle you get feeling better than you get darkness again It is time in the darkness to reach out okay to talk here to call doctor get increase meds to get extra help from friends it will pass okay the darkness will get lighter eventually then happiness will come back o kay keep venting here and asking fo rhelp we are listening

5. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Don't lose that ounce of hope swimmergirl. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.