Lost My Job

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ahussa29, Jun 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahussa29

Ahussa29 New Member

I lost my job two weeks ago. I barely have any money in my savings account. I have a Masters degree with $100,000 of student loan debt. I will never be able to pay it off in my lifetime.

I have been contemplating suicide for the past two weeks. I graduated from a great school with a 3.7 overall grade point average; however, I cannot find another job. I am a joke. My credit is now going to be terrible.

Today was my sister's bridal shower. I am her Maid of Honor, but she decided that she would rather have three other bridesmaids collaborate with me on the reception speech. It really hurt my feelings.

I feel useless. I feel hopeless. What did I go to school for? To be a nobody? That's who I am. That is what I have become.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No schooling is a waste hun and you are not a nobody you are someone that is struggling right now but you can get another postion ok. Call student loan and let them know you are not working and cannot repay loan right now they can help you ok
    They can even forgive some of the loan if you are not able to work or put in on hold until you can work again
    Pehaps your sister just wanted to hear from all of you her best friends and her sister not to belittle you
  3. Ahussa29

Ahussa29 New Member

I have been struggling for so many years. I graduated in 2013 and I bartended from two years upon graduation. I hated my life, but I did what I had to do to pay my loans.

I finally received a great job offer and they let me go after two months for something completely out of my control.

I have no purpose in this world. I am a lost soul. I feel so useless. Not even my own family can make me feel like more of a person.
  4. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I can empathize since I have been laid off several times and I too have felt useless and hopeless during the time of unemployment. Basically I had to struggle to get another job and while it hasn't been easy. I kept up between this site and going to networking groups; volunteering, and not staying cooped up in the house. Even with finances at an all time low, I managed to get by but being significantly older than you I don't have school loans anymore.
    You may have to move to find a new job which is what I will have to do if I lose the job I have now. Get involved in job networking groups; you may have to search to find them but they are out there. If you can volunteer during this time, you will feel valuable. I did. And it keeps your attitude up.
    Keep talking to us - you will find that there are many on this forum that are going through what you are undergoing.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello and welcome to SF :)

Wow, a $100,00 loan, that's damn tough and a LOT of money, usually how long do they give you to pay it all back? I'm assuming you are in the USA with that type of loan.
    My sister just got her masters degree in law and has no such loans, I am in Ireland.
    Is your family supportive to you?
    I think you should do whatever possible to make yourself feel better. Things can get better, while you are alive you have that option, if dead all options are off the table.
    Please think things through and I think you sister just might have wanted her best friends there at the speech too, not in any way to make you feel left out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.