Lost my Partner Jason to suicide just under a month ago..

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Kaloja, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaloja

Kaloja New Member

Really lost at the moment.My partner of 24 years took his own life on the 19th of Dec 2012.There is not alot of support in the town I live in so I thought I would try this.How do I even begin to get over it.So many ifs,if onlys.People that havent been through it just dont get it.:blub:
  2. xsomewhatdamagedx

xsomewhatdamagedx Well-Known Member

I am so truly sorry for your loss
  3. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

It is hard to lose anyone - least of all a loved one via that method. What we as a site do is encourage you to keep going, although we are only peer to peer and not professionals, so if there are recommendations of that variety, it's worth looking into. There are many ifs/whys - but it's not likely to do anything but drag you down as thinking that way will more than likely play on your mind.

I would recommend speaking to a doc at first thought, maybe seek counselling because it's not easy to try and find answers alone. I have seen 2 school friends of mine pass via sui, and although I wasn't particularly 'close' to them, it did affect me a bit, so I have no answer to how bad you must be feeling with all this.

The most key point is, would they want you to live life to the full? Grief affects people in different ways, but it's worth noting that your life doesn't actually stop (although it can feel like it). Your life may feel emptier - but you somehow have to discover something that works for you to keep going.

We'll support you in anyway we can. My PM box is open should you wish to discuss with one person - or there are various subforums across/even a chat room to maybe talk realtime with people all over the world.
  4. Lifeisagift

Lifeisagift Well-Known Member

:( Sorry for your loss, keep being strong, he don't want you to give up.
  5. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Feel free to contact me by private message if you want to talk. I lost my son. There are ways to cope with this, though for each person you have to find what works best. I have found what works for me. Perhaps I can share.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am so sorry for your loss. The grieving process is very had but with support you will get through this.
  7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun your right unless someone has felt the loss of suicide they don't get it the what if the intense guilt the darkest depression. I can truly tell you i know hun it hurts and it is so confusing right now. You could of done nothing hun nothing his pain just went past what he could deal with it could have been an impulsive moment no one will know hun
    You hun cannot go to those what if ok it will only drive you insane. Please hun talk to a Councillor a therapist someone ok because it does help Hugs to you hun
  8. Kaloja

Kaloja New Member

Thankyou for letting me talk to you..Really can't see my life been normal again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.