• Both the IOS/ Apple Iphone/ Ipad and the Android/Google versions of the sites mobile app are now available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. This app will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you recive a private message, etc. The links to download the app are in the resoiurces area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

Lost My Wife and My Job

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
My wife left me about a month ago. It's been extremely difficult. Thankfully no kids involved and we didn't end it on bad terms. She said she made a mistake. We were married for less than a year and together 3 years. Then last week I found out I was getting fired. I made a mistake and covered up for one of my better employees for taking something without paying for it. Someone else found out and reported it. Ultimately leaving this job is a good thing. I hated it and it was providing me with endless stress. But now the loss of my marriage has hit tenfold in these idle moments. With no one to fall back on in this tough time.

I am in a perpetual panic. I feel so depressed. Getting out of bed is incredibly difficult. I don't know what to do. Everyone always suggests exercise so I am going to try that. Even that is very difficult with the state my stomach is in. My Dad and roommate have both been very helpful but when they go off to work I'm still here and just like wtf do I do? Glad to have SF here to keep talking when no one else is here because SF is always here

may71

It's always harder when you have more than one problem coming at you at once.

There's at least the potential that these events could lead to some positive changes, like a better relationship and a better job.

What would be the most helpful thing that SF could do for you right now?

Paisley

SF Artist
SF Supporter
Freedom can be a scary experience. Yes there's endless opportunities, but which path to choose? What to do with all of the time in a day? You could now theoretically send your life on any trajectory that you feel would be fulfilling. I say you should do a goal evaluation and set some milestones that you want to achieve. Having something tangible to work towards is always a good way to use up free time.

Walker

Everything Zen
Staff member
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Supporter
It's terrible when everything seems to be crashing down at once. Hopefully things start looking up again soon. Keep talking ok? Better to do that then shut down and retreat. Man, I feel for you.

Aprilflowers7

I have never been in a relationship. At least you've had one. I am sure you could find someone else, just try to get up and do things and take small steps then larger ones and go from there. I don't think I will ever find anyone. I've had way too many surgeries and most people don't like my scarring. They don't like my glasses. They don't like my short stature. And, my baby could get my genes and I don't want that either. I am sure you are a good catch, just be patient and something could happen.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$480.00
Goal
$255.00