Lost someone on Monday

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by SarahB, Dec 30, 2010.

1. SarahB

SarahB Well-Known Member

Last Monday my aunt passed away. Her intestines ruptured. Yesterday we were supposed to say goodbye to her before she gets cremated. But her husband, my uncle and mom's brother, was so hurt by this all that he tried overdosing, and we had to call 911. He wasn't able to speak and it turns out he had a stroke. We're not sure how he is yet, but he didn't even remember my mom. Her father had a major stroke 7 years ago and is paralyzed on one of his sides and cannot speak. My mom is having such a hard time right now, and I feel terrible too. It all feels like a nightmare and I can't believe that my aunt is gone... Just to remember her and look at her pictures, it tears me apart. She was such a sweet woman. But she suffered for many years because of an accident. She's no longer in that pain anymore at least. But we all miss her. And now we have to worry about losing my uncle too. The other day he was crying and hugging me, it's hard to think that now he may not be the same again. And my mom has lost a brother to overdose already. I just don't know what to do for me and her. This is all so hard

We had to put off the cremation because of my uncle going to the hospital. But now that he's had a stroke he can't say goodbye to his wife. He may not even remember her. My mom is going to say goodbye to her for us all... I wanted to go, but she said she would feel better having me at home. Plus that it would just make me feel worse seeing her... (she had her eyes donated as well)

I feel like I'll regret not seeing her, and right now I'm just a wreck.. I can't imagine how my mom is doing
    but another part of me feels like I should stay here for my mom.. I just don't know

Rest in peace Aunt Audrey, you were a sweet woman who put up with a lot of pain for so long. At least you're at peace now. I'll miss you, and I wish I could have seen you one last time. Or hugged you before this all happened. I love you, and I'll pray for you and your husband. He was very sweet to donate your beautiful eyes. You'll always be in my heart, and I'll do my best to take care of grandpa and Todd. And your dogs miss you so much. I'll do what I can to take care of them too.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Your aunt is in your heart, so you do not have to go anywhere to see her...she sounds like she was so lovely...live in her memory...so sorry about your uncle and all that is going on...this is so sad...my condolences and please continue to let us know how you are doing...J
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hugs to you so sorry for your loss and all the suffering it is causing I hope all can get some grief therapy to help them through this sadness. Take care o f YOu too okay your Aunt would want only happiness for you
  4. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

It must be terribly difficult for you right now. Stay strong but make sure you get time to care for yourself.
  5. SarahB

SarahB Well-Known Member

I appreciate all your kind words. They really touched me.

Though sadly, I just had to say goodbye to my uncle. He had multiple strokes and he's pretty much brain dead. They've removed his life support and they're waiting for him to pass away. It's hard, I'm crying so much and I feel so bad. I don't want to lose him, but there's nothing that can be done. It's been 3 hours since they removed his breathing tubes, and I was able to say I loved him a bit ago. He meant so much to me, and I still remember holding him in my arms a few weeks ago while he was crying about his departed wife. And now he'll be with her.

It's harder considering I still have to put up with harassment from someone, and I have to deal with knowing my best friend hates me because of that person.

I already hate 2011
  6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Again, I am so sorry Sarah...I am sure he knew how much you cared for him...please continue to post and let us know how you are...my condolences for your losses...J
  7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is hard to understand by sometimes this is the way it happens one relative dies and other one just goes shortly after. I am sorry for both your losses and i do hope you have support around you okay some kind of councilling to help your through the grief. hugs
  8. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member