Lost

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Doraemon86, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doraemon86

Doraemon86 New Member

The pain is too much.

I have always told myself that things will get better just like everyoneIt's been years. Nothing's changed. The only reason I haven't done this yet is because I keep thinking the mess I would leave behind for my family but I don't know how long I can hold this in anymore.

2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Welcome to the forum :hug: I understand entirely the feeling of the pain being too much. It is something I am intimately familiar with. I am glad you found us and I hope you keep posting.

What I will ask you is this: If it has been years and nothing has changed, perhaps it is time to 'do something different' to change it. I know many people feel like they have tried everything, but often other people can make suggestions they have not thought of. I know it is easy to dismiss something and say it will not work, or that it is very hard to see the point in doing something you suspect will make no difference. But if you never try, you will never know. And anything has to be better than overwhelming pain right?

Keep posting and stay safe :hug:

3. Beka

Beka Well-Known Member

I agree with what Freya said, my psychiatrist told me something once that has stuck with me entirely. He said that 'if you don't change your behaviour and the way you do things, the way you cope with things, then nothing will ever change for you. You have to help yourself because no one else can take those steps for you'. It stuck with me because it made me realise that I need to change if I want to get better, if I want to feel better. It's been nearly 7 years for me now, and I get what you mean by its too much. Don't ever stop telling yourself that things will get better. When you get up out of bed walk straight to a mirror look yourself in the eyes and tell yourself that things will get better, you will feel better and that nothing in this world can stop you from doing that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.