Lost

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by lilpinagurl, Aug 10, 2007.

1. lilpinagurl

lilpinagurl Member

hi, im new to this site.... im very sad. my father committed suicide 17 days ago... its kinda hard for me to cope .. i just start to cry when i think about him... and how we dont have the answers why.....

2. Myself

Myself Active Member

Weeeeelll. I don't know much about pain over death of somebody. Only two times I went to a funeral was because my mom made me. I didn't know the people that died. But if you need somebody to talk to, I'm here! But I'll warn you and say I have a habit of trying to make something funny about almost ANYTHING. But I'll help if I can. Might make you laugh a few times to. Either because you think I'm a complete idiot, or because I acctual said something funny. It think the last time i did that was, what, ten years ago?

Anyways. I'll talk to you. Even if you just need somebody to ramble to. My friend, yeah, her friend shot himself, but she didn't want to talk about it. She's still sad about it. It happend about two years ago. People heal at their own rate.

Death is like..... candy. Some is good, some is bad, but they're all bad for you. That's a realy bad analagy, but I'm hyper and can't think. Just talk to me if you want to, or you can ignore me and talk to somebody else. Either way, I'll wait with baited breathe. Not literaly though. I can't hold my breath very long.

3. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

hello and welcome to SF im so very sorry to hear about your father this must be a terrible time for u and your family. Its hard to know or even begin to search for the answers as to why!!!! but at least here people will listen to u with compassion and understanding and i hope you are able to make some kind of sense about things feel free to pm anytime and TC hun

4. lilpinagurl

lilpinagurl Member

thank you for being so thoughtful.. i try to keep a smile on my face.. cause i have a 2 1/2 year old and im sure she can feel the saddness....

5. lilpinagurl

lilpinagurl Member

thanks dawn... im hoping this will help me....

6. Darkness N Light

Darkness N Light Staff Alumni

Lilpinagurl,
    First off hello and welcome to the SF. I hope that you find all the support that you need while here. I am so sorry for the loss of your dad and I know that what you are going through pretty much feels like a living hell. I have been where you are except it was not my father who committed suicide but my fiance.
    I wish I could tell you that pain will just go away but it doesn't. It has been almost 6 years for me now and the pain sometimes is still as bad as the day it happened. However, I can tell you that with the support of your family, friends and here that it will get bearable even though it takes time. If you ever need to talk I am here for you.
    As to the answers on knowing why someone does this sometimes you will never know. I guess I would have to say that sometimes it is better not knowing why they did this then as to knowing why they did it. My fiance left me notes as to why he did it and ever since I got them I have blamed myself for his actions even though I know it is not my fault. Take care and I love you. :hug: :cheekkiss :hug: :cheekkiss :hug: :cheekkiss :hug: :cheekkiss

With Love,
    Crystal :hug: :cheekkiss

7. lilpinagurl

lilpinagurl Member

thank you crystal.... im sure it must be hard for you ... i mean that was the person you were about to spend the rest of your life together.... i know im going through alot and i like this site cause it does help....

if you ever need anyone to talk to .... im here ....take care alison