lost....

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by minion, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minion

minion Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone...

Say something about yourself...hmm.. well that is not as easy at it would seem. If you asked me a year ago, I would have more than have been happy to tell you every little detail about me, but now not so much.

I am from a small town in the greater state of Iowa. I came(yes that's came not come) from a rather large, secure, together, well knit family of people who simply love each other. Sadly I am no longer apart of that family for reasons.

I am a great 23 years old, going on 24 here soon. I am struggling with trying to figure out what to do for the greater part of my life. I used to dream of the perfect life with the house, the family, the white picked fence, and the dog playing out back with the kids. Now, not so much. A year ago I was engaged to be married later this year. Upon things in November, I am no longer engaged. He has moved on, but I'm having issues about things. I think it hurts me at times to even think about how things could have been.

I am living on my own…well kinda, got what they call a room mate. My family doesn’t like my room mate, so there are issues there. My room mate at times doesn’t even like me…so it’s all good in the end.

I have a mental disability that makes it hard to understand life some times. I was diagonesed with high functioning Autism a few years back. I don’t let it hold me back, cause to me it’s nothing. I can do everything else everyone else can. I work grave-yard shift with people with disabilities, so I’m pretty much an okay girl.

For the last couple of weeks, it’s been getting harder for me. A couple of months ago, I somewhat snapped. I broke my cell phone (yes silder phones don’t do good being thrown full force at a solid brick wall) and just thought it would be best to end it. At the time it seemed like there was nothing to actually live for. My room mate and I were fighting, not even talking, he’d spend his nights out at the bars to stay away from the apartment. I was isolated from everyone that I knew and even cared about. I thought that he hated me, probably still does, but oh well.
    These last couple of days has been hard. I feel like I am slipping. So now I’m scared of what I may or may not do. I was searching this morning for someplace to talk with others who have issues somewhat like mine, and located this place. So I’m hoping that this all works out. Maybe I won’t stress out all that much.

If you all can’t tell by now. I like to write. It’s been the best way for me to get away from things since I was little. Sorry for the long intro…I just wanted to write…

Steph

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF Steph. I am glad you like to write. It can be a great outlet. I am sorry to hear about your breakup. That can be very difficult to deal with. Any chance of repairing the rift with your parents? Talk to them about your roommate. It doesn't sound like he is much more to you than somebody to help pay the bills. Maybe they will be more understanding if they are not worried about your motives with him. I may have read things wrong though. Well, you will find lots of supportive people here. Feel free to continue posting and sharing. Take care. :hug:

3. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum

4. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

Hello and a warm welcome to SF glad to see you hear hope to talk with you soon hugs:smile:

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum hun :hug:

6. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

welcome to the forum.
    i hope you find all the support you need here :hug:

7. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum x

8. minion

minion Well-Known Member

Thank you all for the nice warm welcome.

9. Gunner12

Gunner12 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums!!!

If you really start sliding, remember that there is a net here that is willing to catch you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.