Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by spidy, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Prob a dumb question but do i really need to go back to hosp emergency room and tell them im having suicidle thgts or would a chrisis line be alrght because im to scared of being a pain in arse to hosp and doc but my urges are very strong and really i dont know how to deal with them or really if i can fght them much more i am rght at the bottem of the barrel.I know hosp only keep me there for couple of days i dont know what to do im lost.
  2. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

If you feel like you need someone to stop you from hurting yourself, your best bet is probably to call the hospital or police. If they believe you are genuinely in danger, they will not turn you away. Don't worry about being a burden or a nuisance; it's their job to save lives, that's what they're paid to do.

My personal experience with crisis lines is that they aren't very helpful at all, but others have reported positive results. If you don't think you're in immediate danger, give it a try. Just having someone, anyone, to talk to might help you a lot.
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Please don't worry, because you're NOT a pain. It's not your fault that you're having those thoughts, and you need to do whatever you can to keep yourself safe.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

definetly call crisis and talk to them see if they can help maybe get them to call hospital for you and tell them you want to go in voluntarily until suicide thoughts are under control. Rather to go in and be safe then not right take care
  5. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

I know this is off-topic, but do you have a boyfriend? You have said you're a homosexual, and I wanted to know whether you've had a significant other. If you kill yourself b4 ever getting the chance to know someone, that would suck.

This post is not meant to be offensive. I just thought you were the same person.

Please don't kill yourself. There's just darkness on the other side. Half the reason people say thye don't want you to go is because they like to see you still around. You reassure them.
  6. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

No im not homosexual and yes had a wife of ten yrs then had a break up which i guess was what triggered my depression more.Im still not coping with the separation well as it was not my choice it was hers.I will never ever let anyone else into my life again as it just causes hurt in the end prob why i push alot of ppl away now as im sick of being let down all the time.Dont thnk there is to many ppl around whod give a sht if i topped myself as ive been alone in this state of mind for a while.Once again today i was used up again as im a glutten mowed the exs lawns and lent her cash which i cant afford to do but thts my nice nature thnk of others before myself dumb arse hey
  7. molotov

molotov Well-Known Member

you're homeless and you lent HER cash?
    you're killing yourself with your own kindness, man.
  8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

If you feel there is a threat to your well being then by all means go voluntary into the hospital.. Tell them everything so they understand your reasons you want to die..My last stay in the hospital I went in on the weekend and had to wait until monday to see the shrink.. Well by the time monday rolled around I wasn;t suicidal any more..So he released me.. I have had several close calls since then but I won't go back there unless I have something extreme happen or if I harm myself..Please seek out the help.. You can't do this by yourself..
  9. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

:hug: She doesn't deserve your kindness. She doesn't return it. PLEASE try not to give her any money; you need all your money to stay alive. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.