Lost

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by gentlelady, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I want to offer a bit of an explanation for my absence/withdrawal or whatever you wish to call it. This past week has been an extremely difficult one. I, like most of you, have my demons to face. This week another was added and coping is so terribly hard. Some of you may have heard about the Montana teacher that went out jogging last Saturday morning and never returned. Well, Sherry was one of my friends. This last week was spent searching through fields, dumpsters, abandoned houses, piles of debris, canals, just everywhere. All we found was her shoe. Yesterday morning, her body was found hidden away. Law enforcement is unable to share details at this time because of the ongoing investigation. Many agencies- border patrol, canine units, national guard, planes, helicopters, search and rescue, fire departments, law enforcement agents from four counties- were all involved in the search. They have two suspects in custody at this time. Sherry leaves behind a husband and five children as well as her many friends, current and past students, and those whose lives she touched without even knowing it. So, that being shared, I apologize to you all for my lack of attention to you members here. Life is so fragile. Please hold on to those you love and let them know how much they mean to you. You never know when they will be taken from you. The choice may be theirs, or it may be in the hands of others. Know that I do care for each and every member of this forum. I may not always show it, but you are important. I wanted to let you know so if we don't meet again.......All my love, Gentlelady.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

That's awful :sad:
    Thoughts and prayers to you at this dificult time.

3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Gentlelady I'm so sorry..what a terrible thing to happen.
    I send you comforting ((hugs)) and thoughts
    please take great care of yourself
    we're here when you need us

4. houseofcards

houseofcards Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry this had happened. My thoughts are with her, her friends, her family, and students.

5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

GentleLady losing a good friend is very difficult. You do worry SF. We will be ok. Take care of yourself.. Be near those still around now. I do. Not ask for GOds help very often but am askingfor Sherry to be at peace now and for family to have the strength to go on.

6. HollowRhythms

HollowRhythms Well-Known Member

W e havent chatted much, but i was inn the room on Monday when ya came and asked for thoughts and prayers, id been following it on the news with u and her family in my heart.... i'm sorry of the outcome... not only to her family, friends, but the whole community.... it amazed me from such a small town how many people were volunteered... she was an amazing woman from what I've seen, and its a horrible loss... my thoughts are with everyone who knew her.. i'm just so sorry yet another good one is lost......

7. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

How very sad and tragic. I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug: You and all her other friends and family are in my prayers.

8. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I am so sorry for your loss C. I don't know what I can say, except that I care and I am here for you should you need it :hug:

9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Thank you all for your kind words and caring. Please keep Sherry's family in your thoughts as they struggle to come to terms with their loss. It truly is devastating.

10. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

God what is this world coming too i will pray for her family her children husband and for you hun just so sad hugs to you

11. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Will keep her family in my thoughts. What a terrible loss for them and for you.

12. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Okay. This is just unreal. After being told on Friday by law enforcement that Sherry's death had been confirmed and her body found, the FBI releases a statement yesterday asking property owners in the northeastern part of this state and the western part of the neighboring state to search for her body on their properties. They say to look in shelter belts, vacant buildings, and under rocks and ledges. They also state it is unlikely she is alive after this amount of time, but the possibility does exist. Now another woman about 300 miles from here is also missing. They have charged two men with aggravated kidnapping as of now and one has a lengthy rap sheet. This poor family. How can they continue on this way? Why were we all notified of her death and now they have no body? What is going on? What else are they not saying or what other false information are we being fed? Wow. Just wow.

13. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

WT....!!!!
    how can they do that Gentle!
    even more prayers coming your way :hug:

14. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Still nothing. The men are fighting extradition so at this time they cannot be arraigned. And the story continues. This morning another body was found in a ditch less than 40 miles from the town Sherry lived in. At this point, they don't know if the two are related as the body may have been there several weeks. A third person is missing from a town 90 miles away and his disappearance was just a week before Sherrys. The time frame coincides with the time the suspects came up here from Colorado. Could it be possible they are responsible for them all?

15. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

I'll keep this in my thoughts and prayers :hug: I don't know if they could be all responsible.

Trevor,

16. HollowRhythms

HollowRhythms Well-Known Member

been thinking of you, and sherrys family... :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.