Lots of thoughts, no intent

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Anneinside, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anneinside

Anneinside Well-Known Member

It is very strange, I'm not depressed but I keep thinking about suicide. I read about it online. I drive by a parking lot 4 stories high and think, "yes, it's tall enough". It is so strange to me because I am not suicidal. I am not depressed. But I can't seem to stop thinking about it.

2. sharcamp

sharcamp New Member

not sure why this would be unless you were in fact depressed, i would think that if you are not, and not thinking about it seriously
    maybe your just curiously thinking things out, with no reason but that.

3. Anneinside

Anneinside Well-Known Member

I know I feel a bit down. But I don't usually think about suicide unless I am severely depressed. You would be amazed how many suicide rating scales I have found online and then scored myself based on the suicidal me. I did buy a book, Choosing to Live, about how to avoid suicide. It's a workbook. I don't want to suicide and I want the thoughts to stop.

4. aussiegal

aussiegal Well-Known Member

Take care yourself. I often find even when I am not at my lowest I constantly think about suicide. It is very draining on the mind. Are there ways that you could distract yourself from these thoughts or catch yourself thinking about it before dwelling on it? I find this is the hardest part... once the thought is there, it is in every part of my thoughts and I dwell on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.