love does not exist

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by lonely_child, Feb 28, 2009.

1. lonely_child

lonely_child Member

I don't think love exist in my life. I can pretty much imagine myself with 2 dogs to keep me company. It not the life I want, it just doesn't happen I would imagine, but I been unlucky my whole life. It wouldn't even be far fetch if I had said "I have one of the worst life ever" because it is the truth. Someone wrote that you must be very unlucky to do so, but that pretty much sum up my whole life. Hopefully that is not the case, but its look like I better prepare myself for the worst. My cousin who only 3 years older than me is already getting marry, I would be 30 and that when it gonna be so scary:unsure:.

Well whatever my life suck anyway.
  2. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

love does exist, you just have to look for it, currantly i am in love with 3 people, oh dear lol
  3. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hey sure does exist. and there are so many kinds of love and depths of love...

don't ever give up on my most humble opinion, it is the only important thing. the planet is full of people - 99.9 percent of them wanting to be loved.... sounds like you have a lot of love to share.....:console::cheekkiss
  4. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

love does exist, i promise you

really do hope that you find someone who will love you for you as you sound like someone worthy of being loved that way :hug:
  5. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

As cliched as it sounds, you never know what is around the corner. You never know what tomorrow brings, or next week, or next month. You may feel love then, you may feel loved then. Sometimes though, it can be hard to allow ourselves to feel love, both for ourselves or others, and maybe that might be relevant too.
  6. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

You can't find love because you're so depressed about your life.
  7. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Depression does do it's job castrating your chances of finding love. But it's not impossible. :) Just stay open to it Lonely, it'll happen.

8. premium_plus

premium_plus New Member

I found love when I was depressed, but it was the wrong kind. Neither of us was right for each other. We had different values and believes and neither of could fulfill each other's ideals for a partner. It's complicated and takes a whopping load of hard work sometimes to be in love. Sometimes it's meant to be, othertimes, it's not. You CAN find love no matter how depressed you are, but it can just be confusing and difficult to be objective. Real love is being able to accept each other and your differences. If you have no acceptance, the relationship will be rocky and fail. I think it's better to at least be single with your own problems than be stuck with someone who can't accept you for who you are and makes you feel worse about yourself.

Having said that, if you can accept the person you love or like and vice versa, it should not be a problem. Because there's a potential for rejection though, most people just hold back a lot or deny their feelings. It can be torture in the end either way. Meeting in non stressful or scrutinising environments makes it easier, but my ex often wanted us to meet under highly stressful circumstances and it ended. Being with someone with a similar mindset (about who they are) as yourself is just healthier. The key is making time to look. Working or going to school everyday narrows your chances although those things are important too. Taking a month or two during your summer break to search is a good idea.
  9. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

I've always believed that you shouldn't go looking for love, it'll find you. It often occurs when you least expect it to and with the people you think least likely as well. The key though is just to have patience. Try to think a little more positively and see what the future brings for you. Love does exist though, even if it is the love for a family member, pet or friend, it does exist. It just happens to not always want to be found.

Good luck, and I hope life gets better for you. There's nothing wrong with having two dogs keep you company though! ​