love doesn't exist

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Nyu, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. Sorry if this seems like a rant but it just seems to me that people always end up leaving if they find someone "better", and only stay if they're too old to bother looking anymore. I've seen this time and time again.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i think true love is very rare now people are out for themselves to much gone are the days where people actually work at keeping a relationship easier to give it up and move elsewhere. there is love out there it just takes longer to find it.
  3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

there's all kinds of love...and then there's something called make it work there needs to be more than love...the love deepens, its not passionate and hot but more mature and both need to work at their isn't easy...its just like anything, you have to work for it...
  4. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Love is very much alive.

It's just that will live in a world where people are caught up in themselves, everyone is too busy and it's all very chaotic.

It's just a hell of a lot harder to find that special someone.

Yes, people tend to not take marriage and relationships that serious, they tend to give up rather then work on it. But when you've found the right person, you'll put in the hard work and fight for each other.

I won't placate you with platitudes becaus ei know when you feel the way you do it just heightens the bitterness.

But love exists.
  5. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

Yeah i suppose it exists, just very very hard to find =(
  6. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Yeah, exactly. And it can become very disheartening and we become very quick to make it personal, by that i mean, we start faulting ourselves and using that as the reason.
  7. CheapEscape

CheapEscape Active Member

Sometimes I feel like that, like love really doesn't exist. I guess because I don't have the fairytale, storybook romance depicted in movies...I don't know, haha. I know it exists. And I believe in God, who is love. It's just really hard to find today, I agree.
  8. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love NEVER fails.
  9. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Love is not only real, but it is availabale to everyone out here in this world. You can and will find it when you seek it. Blessings..
  10. down-and-maybeout

down-and-maybeout Well-Known Member

i've experienced this too nyu - they "love" you as long as a better opportunity doesn't present itself! it's my psychological problems that normally result in me getting the elbow, which looking at it objectively i can understand, but it still hurts so bad
  11. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

I don't agree with you, the love is blind and I have "proof" which I'm really glad for, I don't looking for "The Prince" or "Mr. handsome", course I have some kind of knowledge and dont look up for homeless persons but I dont like the "model-likely" neither.

Remember that we still are animals and like animals you know what's they doing, relationship and family is not what they are up to in first place. :rolleyes:
  12. plates

plates Well-Known Member

The people you talk of might be together out desperation, loneliness and lack of foresight, rather than any love that runs deep.

Have you ever fallen in love?
    Have you seen a mother or father's love for their child?

I have and can tell when a child is loved or when he/she is being treated with dismissal and neglect. It upsets me greatly and I always want to intervene and comfort that child.

I know love exists because I love, and my love has helped me recover from near physical death.

Have you ever felt love for anything, even if it was a piece of music? If you have, you love too and while I know the loneliness living among people who appear to want meaningless relationships, does not mean you cannot love and appreciate what you feel.